Looking for GPUs

1,740 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JobSecurity
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long shot due to crypto prices, among other things, but does anyone have access to a supply of GPUs?
Thebigkahuna
Best buy had a drop today but sold out in seconds. I couldn't even add one to my cart. I would love to get a 3070 or 3080! anyone have a way to get one??

PLEASE HELP

jbryan10
AG
www.arculum.com
jason@arculum.com

I'm currently out of stock and have several people on my waiting lists, but I have several backorders with my distributor with ETAs of next month. Granted, those same backorders were expected at the beginning of Feb and have continued to slide, but they surely will have to come in sometime soon.

Edit: To clarify, I am happy to sell the cards only, but even happier if you want a whole system!
Thebigkahuna
jbryan10 said:

www.arculum.com
jason@arculum.com

I'm currently out of stock and have several people on my waiting lists, but I have several backorders with my distributor with ETAs of next month. Granted, those same backorders were expected at the beginning of Feb and have continued to slide, but they surely will have to come in sometime soon.
I think I already emailed you!
theterk
AG
Best bet is jumping on the Newegg Shuffle and refreshing the Best Buy/AMD page. I alert my Discord members if I see anything pop
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
jbryan10 said:

www.arculum.com
jason@arculum.com

Edit: To clarify, I am happy to sell the cards only, but even happier if you want a whole system!

Any chance you can get the ASUS RTX 3060 ($329) card that was released for preorder today?
jbryan10
AG
The only 3060's I was able to get on backorder (with a reasonable ETA) are the ASUS TUF 3060 OC, ASUS Strix 3060 OC, ASUS KO 3060 OC, and EVGA 3060 XC. Of course, those are all now showing ETAs in July, except the Strix is still showing 3/8.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I'm after this card if you're able to get your hands on it. I'd be willing to pay you up front. I'm really just looking for an entry level card to finish out a build. No worries if not- I'll just keep waiting!

https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3060-dual-rtx3060-12g/p/N82E16814126493?&quicklink=true
agdoc2001
AG
I was finally able to nab a card last month on a Newegg drop. UPS informed me today that the box has been opened and gpu stolen while in transit. FML.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Thriller
AG
If you have a Micro Center nearby, go in and ask them to check if they have any internet orders/holds that have been canceled. That's how I got mine in December.
permabull
AG
Buying a prebuilt is probably the easiest way to get a GPU close to msrp right now. Dell has a pretty good deal going for a system with a 3060ti:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14896294-alienware-aurora-r11-gaming-desktop-i7-10700f-16gb-ddr4-3200-256gb-pcie-ssd-rtx-3060-ti-1382-97-f-s

I would probably switch to the solid black case and upgrade to the water cooled option and 512gb hd unless I planned to replace the hd myself with a 1tb (they charge a bit too much for the 1tb ssd upgrade). Getting a new cpu with these new 3000 series cards is a good idea as they bottleneck pretty hard on older cpus. Hardware unboxed had a video out last week showing the 5700xt beating a rtx 3090 when you were using an old cpu.
JobSecurity
AG
I wound up just buying a 3070 prebuilt from Newegg. Should get here tomorrow, hopefully it works. Cost wasnt too bad - implied 3070 is around $800 without assuming any build cost. Still want to put a 3080 in it if I can get my hands on one but this is enough for what I play right now.
JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity said:

I wound up just buying a 3070 prebuilt from Newegg. Should get here tomorrow, hopefully it works. Cost wasnt too bad - implied 3070 is around $800 without assuming any build cost. Still want to put a 3080 in it if I can get my hands on one but this is enough for what I play right now.

Pc came, got it updated and drivers installed, no issues, went to bed. Woke up, turned it back on, dead GPU. **** me. Reseated the card and cables with no luck. Now I get to wait for an RMA

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.