AT&T Streaming Service

1,402 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggie_wes
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've tried Fubo (good for Astros and Rockets) and YouTube TV (not good for Astros and Rockets) but better interface.

AT&T appears to have the channels my wife wants and Astros and Rockets.

Downfall is it's tied to DirecTV since it's AT&T. They also seem to push two year contracts which I'm trying to avoid. Anyone have experience with AT&T streaming? Let me know how it's going (or went).
DeLaHonta
AG
I started back in 2016 with DirecTV Now, which turned into AT&T TV Now, which has now turned into AT&T TV. Thus, I'm a long-time customer, through the ups and downs of the young and growing service.

I stream it via multiple Apple TVs and my phone. The interface really hasn't changed on either device since the very beginning, nor have many of the features. I will add that I have not used any other streaming service, so I really don't have much to compare it to. Had I not been able to keep my grandfathered plan and rate from the DirecTV Now days, I'd look to alternatives, but the grandfathered plan is too good to let expire.

I've been pleased with it, for the most part. The Cloud DVR largely sucks, but has improved over the years. It will record things, as you'd expect, but sometimes has glitches with fast forwarding that causes it to go back to the beginning of the recording. Pausing live TV also has been hit or miss. It will pause live TV, but rewinding doesn't always seem to work, and I've never really been able to figure out why. The channel interface can also be glitchy at times, but nothing that really impedes anything, you just sometimes have to exit the guide and reopen it.

Honestly, other than that, I really have no complaints. The free on-demand shows and movies are nice, you can add HBO/Showtime/etc to your subscription, you can use the subscription on pretty much any third party app, etc. I can't comment on the current price/channel selection, because, as mentioned before, I'm on a grandfathered plan that is alot better than what they currently offer.

I'll also add that AT&T TV only allows for two simultaneous streams, but you can add a third for $5/month. Whether that's a dealbreaker depends on your circumstances, but something to keep in mind, as that limit seems to be lower than alot of competitors.
BTHOB
AG
Looks like AT&T TV is hiking their prices again!
WGann3
AG
BTHOB said:

Looks like AT&T TV is hiking their prices again!
Yep I got an email this morning for a $10 increase. Unfortunately, with the other services having issues with Fox Sports I'll probably just keep it through Mavs/Rangers seasons unless someone else with a better rate fixes that relationship. I'm grandfathered in with AT&T to the prelaunch price, but this is still getting rather annoying.
aggie_wes
AG
Don't do it. Any of the other streaming services is a better option. Look at Hulu Live, or Sling in addition to YTTV.
aggolfer
AG
I don't see Fubo having FSSW (at least for Rangers/Mavs) but I would think the Houston market would have the same for Astros/Rockets
PatAg
AG
aggie_wes said:

Don't do it. Any of the other streaming services is a better option. Look at Hulu Live, or Sling in addition to YTTV.
Not if you want fox sport regional

THe 2 year contract is if you want their equipment, if you have a roku, chromecast, other streaming devices you don't have to pay to rent the equipment.
planoaggie123
AG
Just had $50/month of DTV credits roll off and they would not add them back. Got a one month credit of $55. Will try and cal them and get an extra credit monthly but 100% ready to get out of DTV and any sort of contract-based products. Looks like YouTube will be the likely answer. If they dont add the $55 credit nex tmonth, I have 6 months left on my 2 year contract. Will recover that contract loss in 1.5 months (6 months X $20 / month = $120 with a $100 savings per month to switch). Also will be able to upgrade 2 of our TVs to smart TV as well and recover that cost in 7 - 10 months. So in 1 year will drop the contracts and get 2 TVs and break even. Only thing we will lose is Nick Jr but i think it might be like $5 / month on its own if not mistaken...
aggie_wes
AG
Didn't realize sling and YTTV didn't carry the regionals anymore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.