***** OUTRIDERS *****

7,497 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Madmarttigan
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are y'all's steam info , matchmaking is just blah

my steam friend code is 16045948
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'm on ps5, but my psn is fightintexasag15
Madmarttigan
AG
Leaning towards this being another meh release. Not near the level of Anthem bad, they have more endgame content and an actual loot system, but anthem had better gameplay and it functioned better to play with others.

This game's multiplayer is an absolute mess and when you do manage to get a group they usually do less than half the damage you do on the highest tier. There is no way of knowing what your group is capable of because its all just randos queueing for any level of expedition. Matchmaking is so non specific it is useless.

This game forces me to play solo for best loot chances, and I hate playing solo constantly.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Multiplayer is pretty rough. There's usually lag even if you have good internet. Devastator skills get stuck in animations constantly.

If you ever want someone to run with just send me one of the codes you generate on the multiplayer screen and I can join you
koadie
AG
tv1113 said:

What are y'all's steam info , matchmaking is just blah

my steam friend code is 16045948

Just added you on steam. I'm still on world tier 12 need to get higher

Eph: 2:8
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Multiplayer is pretty rough. There's usually lag even if you have good internet. Devastator skills get stuck in animations constantly.

If you ever want someone to run with just send me one of the codes you generate on the multiplayer screen and I can join you

Sorry to hear. I've just gotten to the point with any loot shooter that they won't have their **** figured out until 6 months after release.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Champ Bailey said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Sorry to hear. I've just gotten to the point with any loot shooter that they won't have their **** figured out until 6 months after release.
When it's not booting me...it's actually a lot of fun. The boss mechanics are fantastic for this type of game. Waaay better than what I experienced with Neverwinter and or the Division.
Madmarttigan
AG
Gameplay is way better than division but so was anthem....

Divisions gameplay particularly division 2 is pretty dull they just had a lot of content to make up for it. Also darkzone and a cool story.

Outriders has story, gameplay, interesting skill trees, decent loot with the modding system but very hard to get sets, but every aspect of being a multiplayer game gets a straight up F to me.

Matchmaking is terrible, no communication, no way of telling who can handle the harder content with gear scores, no trading.

There are some annoying bugs and for some reason currency has caps on it. Also getting a gear set seems annoyingly hard but I understand trying to gate progression a bit for now.

I think the game is at least a B- with a decent foundation, but lacking a functioning and fun multiplayer experience reduces longevity for me.

All these games still make me mad that Anthem was so bad, still had the best gameplay concept I've ever seen from a looter shooter.
tamusc
AG
tv1113 said:

All these games still make me mad that Anthem was so bad, still had the best gameplay concept I've ever seen from a looter shooter.
So much this. The base gameplay was some of the most fun I've had in a while and better than all these other looter shooters. Too bad they had so many issues and so little content. Was really hoping they'd actually do an Anthem 2.0.
koadie
AG
I am hoping not to reopen that wound again.

Eph: 2:8
Madmarttigan
AG
I had actually been checking every once in a while for anthem 2.0 and was pretty disappointed when it got cancelled and support for the game pulled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.