***** OUTRIDERS *****

7,505 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Madmarttigan
TheBruceWayne
How long do you want to ignore this user?

TheBruceWayne
Outriders demo drops Feb. 25th
TheBruceWayne
https://www.techradar.com/amp/how-to/how-to-play-the-free-outriders-demo
koadie
AG
Looking to download this demo in 15 minutes while in the middle of a meeting
TheBruceWayne
was going to do demo, but to big a download. I'll have to wait till full game.
koadie
AG
It's only like 22 gbs or are you on hotspot?
TheBruceWayne
yea a hotspot with a 30G cap
koadie
AG
So it's pretty fun. The powers are unique and I have a gun that freezes people and a sniper that slows. I'm gonna create one of every character to get a feel for the.
spieg12
AG
I like it so far. Haven't gotten too far in but the first three abilities of the technomancer are cool. Will need to play more to decide how I like the health recovery. It is definitely different.
C@LAg
can this be played entirely solo?
tamusc
AG
Played the demo for a few hours last night and had am lot of fun. Played on PC with settings maxed and it ran really well with no issues outside of a few cutscenes that were running at a locked 30fps which was jarring compared to everything else. I tried on Xbox but kept getting a server error when attempting to log into the game.

Really like that it's crossplay enabled so I can pick what I prefer to play on and still play with my friends that want to play on console. I do wish progress was crossplatform as well, but that's nearly as important as crossplay. I do wish that there was in game voice chat so you could actually chat crossplatform as well.
tamusc
AG
spieg12 said:

I like it so far. Haven't gotten too far in but the first three abilities of the technomancer are cool. Will need to play more to decide how I like the health recovery. It is definitely different.
I'm trying the Devastator first and it helped when I noticed the icons on the enemy status bars that meant they were close enough to heal me when they died. That really helped me understand how I'm supposed to play that class.
AtlAg05
AG
It felt like all the cut scenes were locked at 30 fps.

Playing the pyromancer(I think that's what it's called, he sets things on fire) first, the healing will definitely take some getting used to.

It's nice the main character has voice lines instead of awkwardly standing there (Division 2.....). Gameplay is fun, movement of the character seems too fast, oh and if you enjoy your hearing keep your headphones off until you can adjust the volume.

I'm not sure if it's worth $60 at this point.
tamusc
AG
AtlAg05 said:

It felt like all the cut scenes were locked at 30 fps.

Playing the pyromancer(I think that's what it's called, he sets things on fire) first, the healing will definitely take some getting used to.

It's nice the main character has voice lines instead of awkwardly standing there (Division 2.....). Gameplay is fun, movement of the character seems too fast, oh and if you enjoy your hearing keep your headphones off until you can adjust the volume.

I'm not sure if it's worth $60 at this point.

Some of the cutscenes were definitely locked at 30fps according to my FPS meter. Those were also the cutscenes that are 16:9 aspect ratio as I had black pillars in either sid won my ultrawide during them. Kind of odd because it wasn't all of them.
koadie
AG
tamusc said:

Played the demo for a few hours last night and had am lot of fun. Played on PC with settings maxed and it ran really well with no issues outside of a few cutscenes that were running at a locked 30fps which was jarring compared to everything else. I tried on Xbox but kept getting a server error when attempting to log into the game.

Really like that it's crossplay enabled so I can pick what I prefer to play on and still play with my friends that want to play on console. I do wish progress was crossplatform as well, but that's nearly as important as crossplay. I do wish that there was in game voice chat so you could actually chat crossplatform as well.

The camera shake in any convos is jarring. I'd have no problem with 30fps for those but man that's really when it's bad.
koadie
AG
Okay, i'm not on my phone so i'll take time to share my play experience.

The hardest thing I've encountered was a side quest *spoiler warning* I was fighting an altered who had fire power, and I didn't know how to beat him using a traditional Destiny 2 type of method of shooting him a lot. As a Trickster I didn't realize how dependent I was on my powers. I ended up teleporting behind him, slowing time around him hitting him with my powered melee and shooting him in the face a few times.

The gameplay feels very gears-ish mixed with some destiny with more ability use. I haven't tried the coop yet and I can see where that would be fun on more difficult levels.

The healing isn't anything new. Sort of, but not really the same, as anthem where you have to kill someone to get health.

The guns are cool. I like the use of different guns doing different abilities. I have one that froze someone and a sniper that slowed someone. Then I have a spring melee ability and a standard one. Pretty fun.

This feels pretty refreshing and can be engaging, pending end game content.

Edit: I played trickster, not technomancer.

tamusc
AG
Yeah, the camera shake is bad during some of those convos.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, the gameplay is somewhere between gears and Division 2, with some Anthem and Destiny sprinkled in.

The healing isn't comparable to Anthem as that was a much more generic "kills things, things drop health" method you see in many games. This is much more specific and varies by class. It helps guide you into the playstyle the devs intend for each class.
TheBruceWayne
I'll be excited to try the full game
koadie
AG
If anyone wants to play with me on the demo my steam username is cholderpsalm23
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Finished the last game I was playing, so I just downloaded the demo to try out. Only got an hour or so into it but it seems fun.

I started as a Tank but will try the other classes at some point

I did notice the camera shake, and also I don't know if it's just the demo but the transition from playing to cutscene is not great
tamusc
AG
Yeah, the camera shake and transitions in and out of cut scenes is a little rough.
koadie
AG
Camera is being addressed according to the reddit thread.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Struggled a bit with the boss, but finally got it. Pretty fun game
aggieman00
I played this over the weekend after seeing this thread and some other stuff on the game. Seems like the interest in this game is growing with the demo being successful. I had never heard of it before.

What is yalls favorite class? Mine would be:

1) Trickster
2) Devastator
3) Pyromancer
4) Technomancer

I've enjoyed playing each one, but didn't really get into the technomancer. It seems like it would work better on a team but I played mostly solo in my play time and it just didn't click for me.
Tex117
AG
Gave this one a shot over the weekend.

I second that it feels like The Division, meets Anthem, that meets Mass Effect 2 in terms of combat.

Felt pretty good. That intro went on way too long though.

Doubt I will be picking this up at full price, but maybe will on sale.
Teddy Perkins
AG
For those on Xbox, this will be available on Game Pass on day 1.
koadie
AG
aggieman00 said:

I played this over the weekend after seeing this thread and some other stuff on the game. Seems like the interest in this game is growing with the demo being successful. I had never heard of it before.

What is yalls favorite class? Mine would be:

1) Trickster
2) Devastator
3) Pyromancer
4) Technomancer

I've enjoyed playing each one, but didn't really get into the technomancer. It seems like it would work better on a team but I played mostly solo in my play time and it just didn't click for me.
I tried technomancer last night, I couldn't stand it. I don't think I get how best to play it.

Mine would be:

Trickster
Devastator
Pyromancer
Technomancer
tamusc
AG
You have to think of the trickster as a rogue and focus on melee or close range combat. Once you get the third ability that warps you behind the opponent you have targeted it makes more sense.
koadie
AG
tamusc said:

You have to think of the trickster as a rogue and focus on melee or close range combat. Once you get the third ability that warps you behind the opponent you have targeted it makes more sense.
Sorry I had to edit. I get the two names confused. I like Trickster, don't understand Technomancer.
Madmarttigan
AG
Seems like a division clone.

These looter shooters just make me sad after anthem. Anthems mechanics were so far superior to all of them but literally everything else about that game was a dumpster fire.

Now division mechanics and gameplay feel boring.
Formerly tv1113
tamusc
AG
tv1113 said:

Seems like a division clone.

These looter shooters just make me sad after anthem. Anthems mechanics were so far superior to all of them but literally everything else about that game was a dumpster fire.

Now division mechanics and gameplay feel boring.

Yep, the core gameplay in Anthem was some of the most fun I've had in a game in quite some time. It's really too bad that everything outside of that was so, so bad.

I was really hoping that Anthem 2.0 was going to happen.

That being said, Outriders ha some elements of other looter shooters, but feels pretty different than Division 2 once you start getting more powers. While there is a cover system, I don't find myself using it much. In the Division, it feels like all you do is go from cover to cover. The gunplay isn't as good as Division 2 or Destiny 2, but the powers actually feel closer to Anthem.
jr15aggie
AG
I just started playing The Division 2. On sale in MS store for $7. Having a blast with it and the X/S 60fps and other upgrades are really nice.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
It does feel like a mix of Destiny/anthem/division etc, where the mechanics like shooting or cover don't feel as good, but I think the game seems pretty fun even if it's not quite as polished. The devs posted an update yesterday that they built the game with the mindset of playing aggressive and not using cover much, but they're looking into what they can do to make cover feel better and more useful. I do like the abilities, and the loot you get. I'm also glad there are no micro transactions and it's not a game like Destiny where I feel like if I don't play every day for 3 hours I'm falling behind.

I'm not looking to put 1000 hours into the game. If it can be fun at its core, provide a decent end game to spend some time in, and make me enjoy the time I do put in it I'll be happy.
koadie
AG
It's definitely not live service but I pre-ordered. I have only pre-ordered 3 games in my life to this point. Destiny 2 anthem and now Outriders . I'm hoping I go 2 for 3.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.