Light Saber

4,893 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
Tabasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 16yo daughter has always been a huge Star Wars fan, started by my influence. She told me a few weeks ago that she wanted a light saber from Ultra Sabers https://ultrasabers.com/

You can customize what you want, but she went with the Dark Initiate V2... red blade of course... with the upgraded 32" blade. She has always identified with the dark side/sith. $60 plus $10 on the upgrade.

I went with the mystery box, which could be any of their blades with potentially random upgrades like sound ($100 plus). https://ultrasabers.com/product/mystery-box/
YouTube vid about mystery box

I ordered them on Jan 2, and just got notification that they were labeled to ship (company is in Friendswood, and I am in Sugar Land; both Houston burbs, and they are set to arrive tomorrow).

So pumped and glad I got the mystery box version for added thrill. I can post what I got if anyone is interested.
immortal_kumquat
Please do post when they arrive, looks cool!
Tomdoss92
AG

and yes, please update!
cr0wbar
AG
These guys have a massive booth every year at Comicpalooza. Excited to see what yall got
dubi
Pman17
AG
Been tempted over the years to get one from them. Someday I will.
The Fife
How does the blade part work? I had one a long time ago that you sort of flicked or swung to make the blade come out and it was a stepped or segmented thing with 3 or 4 pieces that slid into each other. This one looks like it's just one piece.

The old one looked like this
Tabasco
AG
Haha, my daughter had the same one back in the day. Blades are fixed. Construction is solid. You could totally duel with these. Just got home and opened them. My $75 mystery box ended up being a $109 saber, no souls though. Got green, which is what I would have ordered if I did custom build. I will take a pic and post
Tabasco
AG
Daughter got the black sith apprentice with red for $60 +$10 for longer blade (base was 24" a d she got 32"). My $75 blade lists as $109 on their site. These are bad ass. They have weight to them and seem solid AF.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Are we all going to ignore the fact that his daughter is openly evil?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
All I do is Nguyen
My next saber is going to be the dark saber
No matter what
Tabasco
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Yeah, and her favorite Harry Potter characters are Draco Malfoy and Professor Snape.
devastor
AG
Just came back from DisneyWorld where I built my own lightsaber in Savi's Workshop at Galaxy Edge. Amazing experience! Will post pics soon.

They also had multiple character hilts for sale including Ashoka Tano's sabers.
exitone
AG
devastor said:

Just came back from DisneyWorld where I built my own lightsaber in Savi's Workshop at Galaxy Edge. Amazing experience! Will post pics soon.

They also had multiple character hilts for sale including Ashoka Tano's sabers.
How do you like the Savi saber. I think it would be fun to build one at Savi's, but looking at the pictures, they seem to have a bit of a plastic look. Is that how they look in real life? Did you check out the Legacy sabers they sell there? They seem to look a bit more metal like, but wasn't sure in comparison.

Apparently, some of the Ashoka sabers are signed by Ashley and they are randomly slipping them in with what they hand out to people.

TexAgBolter
AG
The Galaxy's Edge sabers are metal and have good weight.
degreedy
AG
Are these lit from the handle/hilt or are there LEDs throughout the blade itself?

I'm looking to get a couple for my boys (and me!), and I've heard the lightsabers that are lit from the handle are much more durable if you actually use them.
Tabasco
AG
Ultra sabers are lit from the hilt. I got regular blade that is okay for light to moderate dueling, but they have a heavy grade blade for 10$ more.

Re: the Disney Star Wars Ashoka saber, who is Ashley? Voice actress from the tv series?
exitone
AG
Tabasco said:

Re: the Disney Star Wars Ashoka saber, who is Ashley? Voice actress from the tv series?
Yes, she is the voice actress from the animated series.
ramblin_ag02
AG
T&P for your other younglings
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jeffk
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

My next saber is going to be the dark saber

You can't just buy the dark saber. It has to be won through combat.
1836er
AG
After reading this thread I decided to buy an Ultrasaber as well. This is the Initiate v4 stunt saber, arctic blue, with windows in emitter, and a "standard" 32" Ultra Edge heavy blade.

The hilt is excellent for either one-handed or two-handed wielding. I'm liking it enough that I really wish I had splurged for sounds on it.
Tabasco
AG
Man that is legit! How pumped were you when it arrived a d you opened it?
tk for tu juan
ramblin_ag02 said:

Just after :40 mark
Tabasco
AG
Lol!!!
Rex Racer
AG
My wife got me one for Christmas from Ultrasabers back in 2018. Mine is the Guardian, which is based on Obi-wan's saber from Episode I. She sprung for the Diamond controller and nickel finish. Love it! I even won the raffle and got a free 2nd saber with no sound.

BadMoonRisin
AG
Just ordered one of these for my 7 year old son. He has been working his rear end off with Reflex Math and Fry's 1k sight words and is almost about to complete both for first grade. He's a also graduating from Tiger scout to Wolf scout two weeks from now.

We built his saber together and he is very excited to get it.

He got the Initiate V2 with the 32" Consular Green blade. He wanted an Obi-Wan saber.

They had a 15% off sale for their "May the 4th be with you promo" so we saved a few bucks. Get in there if you want one.
91AggieLawyer
AG
When Star Wars first came out, I was in Elem. school One of my classmates was a huge fan and made a light saber with construction paper. He had taken yellow strips about a foot long and tapered them together at the end. It was quite impressive for its time, its creator, and the materials used.
BadMoonRisin
AG
fav13andac1)c
AG
Tabasco
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Just ordered one of these for my 7 year old son. He has been working his rear end off with Reflex Math and Fry's 1k sight words and is almost about to complete both for first grade. He's a also graduating from Tiger scout to Wolf scout two weeks from now.

We built his saber together and he is very excited to get it.

He got the Initiate V2 with the 32" Consular Green blade. He wanted an Obi-Wan saber.

They had a 15% off sale for their "May the 4th be with you promo" so we saved a few bucks. Get in there if you want one.
Totally forgot I OP'ed this thread. Post a pic when it arrives and would love to hear how thrilled ur 7yo is. The unrapping is so fun.
ramblin_ag02
AG
We got a package from Blu Bul's Outer Rim shop last summer and made a few. After that we built, wired and programmed one from scratch. Got to teach my boys wiring, soldering, little programming and a little sound editing. Was a good summer project!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.