Xbox One Series X/S thread

35,954 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bam02
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone hooked theirs up yet?

Shocked at the improvements in load times and frame rates for my usual games.

Any recommendations on games etc?
adamsbq06
AG
I have...

its pretty quick. some big improvements.
PooDoo
AG
Back in stock at Target.
dtkprowler
AG
Gone
Aggietaco
AG
Been up and working since they went live at 530 but didn't check SD until 8. Got excited with one in my cart in SA until it disappeared during checkout.
TonsterPS
AG
Got my Series X on Saturday - ordered/shipped via Walmart. So far, so good!

Originally ordered it and the ship/delivery date was mid-January, but then it was pushed up to Dec 19. It was a Christmas miracle!
videoag98
AG
Looks like most Targets have the series S available for in store Pickup. No Series X though
degreedy
AG
From what I gather, the Series S is just a minor upgrade to the Xbox One, is that correct?

It's nowhere near as strong as the Series X.

Trying to decide on whether or not I pick up a Series X.
permabull
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Aggietaco said:

Been up and working since they went live at 530 but didn't check SD until 8. Got excited with one in my cart in SA until it disappeared during checkout.

What are you playing nowadays?

Looking to play more coop / not as competitive stuff with old friends. Still like the hardcore stuff, just not as good at it anymore. Some might argue I never was and those people are liars!
Aggietaco
AG
jr15aggie said:

Aggietaco said:

What are you playing nowadays?

Looking to play more coop / not as competitive stuff with old friends. Still like the hardcore stuff, just not as good at it anymore. Some might argue I never was and those people are liars!
BFV is still in the disc drive but I've only been playing blops cold war lately - which sucks because the player lobby changes every single match. What a ****ing asinine idea.

And my gaming time is down to before 7AM on weekends mainly these days.
jr15aggie
AG
I have Cold War on the Series X.

Before 7 on weekends is common for me too. I'll look you up sometime. Out next couple weeks for holidays, but otherwise I'm free.
hph6203
AG
Didn't realize the quick resume feature worked with games installed on an external drive, the previews etc didn't do a good job of explaining that. Kinda makes the internal drive unnecessary on pretty much every game on the system right now (assuming your external drive is an SSD), because to my knowledge none of them utilize the full feature set of the drive. Not that I'm complaining, that's a nice realization, because it means there's no functionality loss from putting backwards compatible games on the external drive.
jr15aggie
AG
My understanding is that any game marked as X/S enhanced requires the internal drive. If you don't install it there you are simply running the XB1 version of the game in back compat mode.
PooDoo
AG
FYI for those into cheap game pass.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html
WES2006AG
AG
I've had my Series X since launch day and love it. I am coming from a launch day Xbox One so everything is a HUGE improvement. Love the load times and GamePass Ultimate has me playing a variety of games I may have not messed with previously.

Playing Jedi Fallen Order, Forza Horizon 4, and Black Ops/Warzone mainly and they all look fantastic.
jeffk
AG
So in moving from an Xbox One to a new Series s/x, I've read that your old games saved on an external drive are ready to go when you plug it into the new box. Is that correct? Do those games that have been remastered get updated automatically or do you have to delete and redownload a new version?
permabull
AG
My cloud saved games loaded on my series s no problem
ClickClack
AG
My wife hunted and hunted and got me one for Christmas. I have the release day Xbox one so looking forward to 4K gaming and high frames. Will likely be playing the new COD and looking for ideas on other games. It's confusing to me what are the new games that utilize the graphics processing of the series X. I guess they're all backwards compatible right now?
jr15aggie
AG
jeffk said:

So in moving from an Xbox One to a new Series s/x, I've read that your old games saved on an external drive are ready to go when you plug it into the new box. Is that correct? Do those games that have been remastered get updated automatically or do you have to delete and redownload a new version?

For any game that has the X/S enhanced logo, do not transfer from the old hard drive. Just do a clean install on the internal drive.

Lots of games have had issues not loading the enhanced features if you transfer.
jeffk
AG
Cool, thanks! Do you just have to hand-search the Xbox site to see which games have been updated?
ClickClack
AG
I was gifted COD Cold War today but it says Xbox one at the top (but also compatible with Xbox series X).

Is this a lower graphic version? Do I need to get the one with the X in the top right corner if I have the Xbox series X to get the best graphics?
WES2006AG
AG
jeffk said:

Cool, thanks! Do you just have to hand-search the Xbox site to see which games have been updated?
This should be pretty up to date.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized#thetable
WES2006AG
AG
If it says Xbox One at the top I believe it is the wrong version. Cold War is "Dual Gen" not "Smart Delivery" so if you have the Xbox One version it will not convert to the next gen version.

ClickClack
AG
Thanks. That's kind of what I've gathered at this point as well
Annoying.
jr15aggie
AG
It costs $10 to upgrade to the X/S version of COD. Some games give free next gen upgrades others do not. But you should be able to just buy the $10 upgrade if you already own the last gen version.

Jeff, for any game installed there will be an X/S logo on it if it has next gen features. This same logo appears in the store.
jr15aggie
AG
Lots of good sales going on. Watch Dogs really cheap... I've really enjoyed the X/S version. The ray tracing is incredible at night when the streets are wet. I'm also not mad that it's 30 fps because it's a locked 30 and feels really smooth and solid.

Gears 5 is also top notch graphic upgrades. PC Ultra settings galore.
jeffk
AG
Thanks!
ClickClack
AG
jr15aggie said:

It costs $10 to upgrade to the X/S version of COD. Some games give free next gen upgrades others do not. But you should be able to just buy the $10 upgrade if you already own the last gen version.

Apparently that only applies if you have the digital version. I was given a physical copy.
jeffk
AG
Anyone have any leads on where to find a series x in stock? Been watching one of the sites listed above, but not much coming into stores from what I can tell.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
jeffk said:

Anyone have any leads on where to find a series x in stock? Been watching one of the sites listed above, but not much coming into stores from what I can tell.

They don't even have them in stock in the Microsoft Store. I think marketplaces are going to be your best bet.
jeffk
AG
Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
I read the other day that they are expecting it to take up to 6 months before supply catches up to demand. I think unless you just happen to check when a restock happens and get lucky, the only other options are to pay 2x retail value or wait.
hph6203
AG
Got both the the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Didn't even try that hard. Xbox will be in stock before the PS5, and I really doubt if you put any effort into locating a system you'll have to wait 6 months. You're not going to find a system without some effort, but it won't take 6 months. When I got my PS5 from Best Buy, the in stock option was up for about 2 hours. In store pick up only, but I'm in Dallas so I would've expected it would've gone faster than that.
knoxtom
I decided on xbox x for the subscription. I have a 9 year old and he flips between tons of games. Must have got really lucky a couple days after xmas as I went into target for something else and they had about a dozen sitting there.

My plan is to hook it up in the movie theatre room on a 12 foot projection screen. Maybe that is stupid

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.