Good gaming headphones?

913 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cr0wbar
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Benny wants some for Christmas and we would like to keep them under 100-125 or so.

Those who are gamers what do you use?

This will be for a PC if this makes a difference vs a PS4
erudite
First of a warning.
Headphones (and headsets) can damage your hearing or give you tinnitus really easily.
I only know about headsets and asked my roommates, Logitech makes ok ones, steelserries went woke, razer is more brand recognition.

Many people may disagree with what is posted. Just my opinion here.
Edit: I'd rather get him a speaker, easier to prevent hearing loss as long as he doesn't max volume it.
CubbieAggie
AG
I have Logitech G533. Wireless and only $66 on Amazon. I was down between Logitech and hyper x for my latest headset, but the wireless capability and price pushed that over the top. Arctis is highly rated, but didn't seem worth the money to me.
jr15aggie
AG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FYY2CMH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_dlC_bx9YFbA0NY87H

You can probably find these locally at best buy for the same price. This is about as good as it gets under $125
AggieVictor10
AG
+1 to the Astro A40s. I have a few pairs and they're all pretty solid; they all still work (even my pair from 2012), I just have a problem.

If the A40s stop being on sale and end up being above your price range, I suggest the A10s as a good budget alternative.

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-us/products/headsets/a10-gen-1.html

The audio quality for these are pretty good and the headband is probably the most durable one on the market. You can legitimately twist them up and they'll go back in place. I'd post a picture but I left my A10s at my desk at work and we've been working from home since early this year.

Edit: You'll pay a bit of a "brand tax" with Astros, but you'll pay a similar brand tax on any headset marketed for gamers. Astro is owned by Logitech, for what it's worth.
HossAg
AG
Anything made by Astro. You can probably find A40s for $150 and that's a damn good headset for the money. People hype up the HyperX clouds, but I tried them the other day and they're significantly worse than my A40s and A50s.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

+1 to the Astro A40s. I have a few pairs and they're all pretty solid; they all still work (even my pair from 2012), I just have a problem.

If the A40s stop being on sale and end up being above your price range, I suggest the A10s as a good budget alternative.

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-us/products/headsets/a10-gen-1.html

The audio quality for these are pretty good and the headband is probably the most durable one on the market. You can legitimately twist them up and they'll go back in place. I'd post a picture but I left my A10s at my desk at work and we've been working from home since early this year.

Edit: You'll pay a bit of a "brand tax" with Astros, but you'll pay a similar brand tax on any headset marketed for gamers. Astro is owned by Logitech, for what it's worth.
Heck, I still have an A10 and it just won't quit....
12thAngryMan
AG
I'm a PC gamer, and I've been pleased with my SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset, although it is at the top end of your price range and a few years old now. The sound quality is good enough and sound stage is sufficient for shooting games, etc. that require directional sound. Also, I will never go back to a wired headset after using this one.
Claude!
I've got the Steelseries Arctis, which I like. As other have mentioned, Hyper X and Logitech also make decent headsets. You could also look into Corsair.
cr0wbar
AG
12thAngryMan said:

I'm a PC gamer, and I've been pleased with my SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset, although it is at the top end of your price range and a few years old now. The sound quality is good enough and sound stage is sufficient for shooting games, etc. that require directional sound. Also, I will never go back to a wired headset after using this one.
+1 for Arctis. Astros are also a very good choice as mentioned above.

I would stay AWAY from Turtlebeach. I had ~2 of their headsets broke about 6-8 months in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.