Questions about Fortnite on Nintendo Switch

4 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bregxit
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seen a couple of switch threads, but I never see this game listed as one to buy. I teach 10 year olds, and some say this is the best game on the Switch. I just bought a Switch for my 10 year old daughter for Christmas. It came with Mariocart 8, and I picked up Animal Crossings and BOW. After talking to some students, I'm curious about Fortnite.

1. Is Fortnite appropriate for 10-11 year olds? My daughter is 10 but never played it.

2. Is Switch a good platform for the game?
Average Joe
AG
1. For the average 10 year old, definitely. I would say that the average age on fortnite is closer to 10 than 20.

2. With a pro controller it won't really be any different than any other console.
aggierogue
AG
Average Joe said:

1. For the average 10 year old, definitely. I would say that the average age on fortnite is closer to 10 than 20.

2. With a pro controller it won't really be any different than any other console.

So the controller that comes with the MarioKart bundle is not good for it? Is the Pro Controller made by Nintendo, or is it a aftermarket brand?
Average Joe
AG
I'm not positive, but I believe the Mario kart bundle only comes with the normal joy cons and the adapter to put them together. It's personal preference, but I don't really care for them. The adapter puts them in a weird angle to me.

A pro controller is shaped and set up similar to an Xbox controller. Nintendo makes an official one that's normally $80, but PowerA makes some that are solid for much less.

Controller is all about personal preference, but the pro style controller is usually easier to use.
CubbieAggie
AG
Fortnite is a free to play game, so it won't be on those best games to buy list. The only things that cost money are the Vbucks. That's basically internal currency that can be used to buy skins or the battle pass (which gives new skins, items, and Vbucks each season).
aggierogue
AG
Thanks for the replies. I picked up a Pro controller today.
Bregxit
AG
My 9 year old and his friends play the hell out of Fortnite. There's nothing wrong with it.
CrottyKid
AG
Fortnite is free, and it is fun on the switch.
Hook it to the tv and you have an advantage over others in the Switch lobby.
redeyeone
AG
Prepare yourself. Every other sentence out of your kid's mouth will be a request for vbucks.
Bregxit
AG
redeyeone said:

Prepare yourself. Every other sentence out of your kid's mouth will be a request for vbucks.

Truth. Though it has taught mine to save and be sure he is spending his money on what he really wants. He got an Xbox GC for his birthday and it is fun watching him crunch numbers on if certain bundles are a good value (as far as Fortnite goes) or not and whether he wants to use his funds or not. Or when he gets low and has to decide between something now or having enough for a battle pass next season lol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.