Any good deals on iphone 12 pro?

1,002 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Diggity
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm usually really good at working out deals with AT&T retention department, but it seems they have now taken a hard nose stance on any deals. They aren't even competing with other carriers. The retention department said "you can trade in your old one for 700 off or we can cancel the account" and then explained the process of cancelling. So, I'm going to call the bluff. I am out of contract. I am also on a truly unlimited grandfathered plan, so they have that leverage. There is no reason at all for them to 'work' with me on a deal.

Looks like other carriers are working hard to get customers, so....is there anything I'm missing? I hate to give up my discounts and 20 years of loyalty but money is money and the fact is.....pretty much any carrier is going to make a call go through. I'm just kind of surprised the stance is "sorry...good luck". I am interested in a 12 pro, 12 pro max and two additional phones/lines. I offered to buy all outright if they could make a deal. No dice.
HossAg
AG
Am I missing something, or are you saying they're offering you $700 off the pros if you trade in your current phone? Because that's about as good of a deal as you'll get.
FancyKetchup14
AG
HossAg said:

Am I missing something, or are you saying they're offering you $700 off the pros if you trade in your current phone? Because that's about as good of a deal as you'll get.

Thinking the same thing. I've never been offered $700 for my iPhone on trade-in.
lb3
AG
They're offering a $30 trade in credit fir my 6+ which happens to match the sneaky $30 fee they tack onto the purchase.
Diggity
AG
Do people still GAS about "grandfathered" plans?
Pman17
AG
lb3 said:

They're offering a $30 trade in credit fir my 6+ which happens to match the sneaky $30 fee they tack onto the purchase.

6 is obsolete which is why they offer $30. 6S will be obsolete next year when it doesn't get iOS 15.
Pman17
AG
$700 off is a good deal, though Idk what phone you have. I'd jump on that ASAP. Heard of deals like that on the 12 during pre-order, people hesitated and the discount dropped $100 when the phone came out a week later.

Just sold my 256GB iPhone X for $300 and that only paid for Apple Care.

HossAg
AG
He could have the 11 Pro and I'd still call $700 off a good deal. We got $700 off when switching to ATT for 5 11 Pros and it felt like we were getting away with robbery, lol.
Diggity
AG
Carriers aren't subsidizing phones nearly as much as in the past, which is why plans are so much more competitive than they used to be.

I feel like a lot of customers still expect free phones when renewing, but that doesn't happen near as much.

The best I've seen is getting a $600-700 credit on a phone if you switch carriers or add a line, but they'll want to pay you back over 24 months.

In other words, sounds like a darn good deal.
BrazosDog02
AG
Diggity said:

Do people still GAS about "grandfathered" plans?

Well, I do. It's my only form of broadband internet and it's on a nighthawk router that blows through 150GB a month on AT&T truly unlimited data plan with no change in speeds. We use it for prime video, disney+, internet, etc. So uh, yeah, I kind of care abut my grandfathered plan. Lol.

Yeah the 700 credit is fine I just want to keep my old phone to pass on to the kids.

I'll grab the deal.
Diggity
AG
Neat. You should stick with that sweet deal...that you were about to leave, because you somehow felt disrespected.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.