PC to Xbox One to Monitor?

433 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGSPORTSFAN07
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So in our gaming room, I am trying to utilize the best setup possible. We have a dual monitor setup with nice gaming monitors. I want to be able to use one of the monitors to play the xbox one on as well. Is it possible to use the HDMI out on my GTX 1660s and connect it to the hdmi In on the xbox and then to the monitor? Also, will this carry both video and audio through the chain? That way I can use the xbox as a control center for everything including gaming on it and then using it to get to the PC. Any advice would be appreciated
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
That's what I'm doing right now until I get my 55" up on the wall. I don't know about the audio but I have a bluetooth broadcaster that lets me use a remote speaker setup. I would assume so though if you have a monitor with built-in speakers. I just don't know how quality it will sound.
FtWorthHorn
I just have an HDMI splitter at the XBOX, one cable to TV and one to monitor. That makes more sense for me, as the PC and monitor are close (so didn't want to run one long cable from PC to XBOX, then another back.

I also don't know what resolutions etc. the XBOX supports on passthrough.
jr15aggie
AG
I'd be concerned with delay or losses using the xbox as a pass thru. When the xbox one was first announced I was excited for this option as a media hub. But in practice it felt like the cable TV video quality was lessened after passing through. I also seem to recall frame stutter that was related to the console needing a hard reboot (I guess to clear memory or something).

In general I just remember it not being a perfectly clean solution so I went back to using my stereo receiver to switch everything.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Ah, I totally misread what you posted. Yeah I'd be worried about the pass-through as well. I just run direct from my Xbox into my monitor. Didn't see the pass through comment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.