new to nintendo switch

4,694 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChampsAg
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Fife said:

How'd you get in contact with them, through whatever warranty link there is on their site?
I used this link. It will let you select up to 4 joy-cons to mail at a time. I don't think it even asked for a reason on this form, but it does ask you to send some basic info w/the controllers-name, address, phone, and a brief description (I just wrote "significant amount of drift" ). They emailed the UPS label almost right away, but I couldn't print it out; there's also a link to a barcode that the UPS store can scan and print out. All I had to do was box them up and go to the UPS store. Shipping both ways was free.

Fix Yo Joy-Cons
khkman22
AG
Jackal99 said:

I just filled out a request online today. They told me they'd email me instructions when my place in line was up. An hour later, I got an email with instructions and a mailing label to print. Haven't sent them yet, but it looks good.
Did you get yours repaired? How long did it take from the time you mailed until you got it back? Need to send in the left one and just curious how long my son would have to use his non joy-con controller or have no 2 player capabilities.
Jackal99
AG
Post above this and near the bottom of previous page for more details. Nutshell: They sent me four new ones. Total time from me sending them to receiving back was about 10 days. As always, YMMV.
ChampsAg
Thoughts on download vs physical game?

My first instinct is download so my boys don't lose the games. So far we have purchased Mario Kart 8 and Lego Jurassic World and my mom got them the Minecraft download. I purchased a couple of games for gifts later that were on sale at GameStop.

I bought the Mario wireless controller and I'm about to get the steering wheel controllers for the boys. Debating on buying more Joy Con for when they have friends or cousins over.

I'm still looking for a good solution for car trips. I bought a car adapter that is supposed to go between the head rest poles but it doesn't fit. I used pool noodles to rig it but that only lasted one trip.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.