Unifi Protect Doorbell vs Nest Doorbell help me decide

1,786 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Phat32
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for advice on which way to go here. We are moving to our new house and I have a full unifi setup I'll be rolling out. We also have Nest thermostats so we will be using both systems.

Pricing is about the same for both. I like that I don't have to pay for any subscription model with Ubiquiti.
texasaggie04
AG
I have a nest doorbell. I like how it's easy to access from the same app as all my other stuff. And both nest and ring will replace your doorbell if it's stolen (this actually happened to me). I am unable to comment if other companies do the same.

Edit: forgot to add. Downside to nest is you need to pay for the aware monthly subscription otherwise you'll just have snapshots of what has happened.
TravelAg2004
AG
I have the Unifi Doorbell and like it, just make sure you have a good strong wifi signal close. We also had the ring and it was ok until they started charging for access.

Since you already have Unifi, you'll like it. The notifications took a second to figure out, but once they were setup, it's worked great for us.
kb2001
AG
I'm looking at this also. We have a Ring doorbell, and we've added a Chime to that as well. I'm curious if Unifi has a similar device to the chime. I already have Ubiquiti networking, and one Unifi Protect camera, so this would fit perfectly with our home, we've come to depend on the chime though
TravelAg2004
AG
I don't think Ubiquiti has a chime link Ring does. You can hook it up to work like a regular doorbell, but they don't do anything like the wireless chime.
Phat32
AG
Love my Nest doorbell and Nest cams. They have gotten more reasonable with the Nest Aware service. Think it's $120/year all in for my 3 cameras/doorbell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.