Gaming forum

1,258 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
TelcoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just posting here as an informal poll of sorts.... Should gaming be its own board separate from The Nerdery on this site? The gaming posts often get buried by the tech talk and tech support posts in The Nerdery and it feels like a separate board would be useful especially when LFG.

Anyway, any feedback this board could give, pro or con, would be insightful.
Picard
AG
Nope
91_Aggie
AG
I would support a console forum. Xbox, Playstation, switch are not Nerdery material /gatekeeping nerdery
TravelAg2004
AG
I think it's been discussed before but decided not to.

Back when Madden and NCAA were still super popular, this forum would be full of threads about those games and it would bury everything else. You still see a little bit of it when new popular games come out.

But I think a lot of the audience between the traditional Nerdery and Gaming would be the same so it's kind of pointless.
rbcs_2
AG
Seems like an odd segment to spin off from the nerdery.
EMY92
AG
There is a post on the first page with a last reply from 2 months ago.

That's why there won't be a spinoff for something more specific. Not enough traffic on this board to justify breaking out a gaming forum.
zip04
AG
EMY92 said:

There is a post on the first page with a last reply from 2 months ago.

That's why there won't be a spinoff for something more specific. Not enough traffic on this board to justify breaking out a gaming forum.

That isn't accurate. That post was pinned at the top and is now trickling down. Go to page two and it is back to 4 days ago.

Edit to say, the point still exists that the first two pages of posts extend out to 16 days, so it isn't like these threads are flying off of the first two pages.
kb2001
AG
Once this forum mainly became discussing phones I stopped paying as much attention.
jr15aggie
AG
The video game industry is larger than the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL combined. Just going by those numbers, a dedicated forum world draw plenty of attention that is probably lost in the nerdery.

Yes it needs its own page!
Madmarttigan
AG
Those of us who kept this forum far more active have kind of died off I think. We post, but life has had a way of limiting our video game time.
zip04
AG
I wouldn't mind sub forums within the Nerdery. Gaming, Computers, other Tech.
Fenrir
Yeah, nerdery is a shell of what it used to be. There are a ton of people that used to post her regularly that I haven't seen in ages.
TMoney2007
AG
zip04 said:

How far would you divide it?...

Why not just read the posts that you want to read?
zip04
AG
TMoney2007 said:

zip04 said:

How far would you divide it?...

Why not just read the posts that you want to read?
Not a big deal since we currently have topics remaining on the first two pages for up to two weeks, but why not dive down a little further? If someone is looking for a computer recommendation, what parts to upgrade theirs with, etc., it would be much easier to go into a specific subforum where people are specifically discussing computers and/or components and you don't have to weed through other items. Again, not a big deal at the moment due to the slower nature of this forum as it currently stands, but if we are talking about potential "upgrades" it doesn't hurt to throw out options.
YouBet
AG
Sub-forums give me a headache to think about. It's like the person that creates folders on the Shared drive for every single topic.

Having said that I think we should test drive a Gaming forum that is separate from The Nerdery. The Entertainment board gets gaming threads every now and then simply because you could argue it fits both here and there.

I would be curious to see how much traffic we would get on a Gaming forum. Can we not just test drive one?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.