Laptop to Replace Desktop

422 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by zip04
HoustonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a decent laptop out there that I could replace my desktop with so I can take work home when needed? Is it practical?

Ideally when I got to work would like to hook it up to the two monitors I currently have.

I don't need a super computer but need a reliable, fast computer that I can run Quickbooks on and will handle some light graphic design.

Ideally under $1,000

Not very knowledgeable about computers....but what are my options if any on a good setup?
permabull
AG
I don't have a specific suggestion but a good set up would be to have a thunderbolt3 docking station at work and a laptop that supports it. The nice thing about thunder bolt 3 is that it is one usb-c cable you can plug into your laptop and have it go to multiple monitors, keyboard, mouse, ethernet, and speakers/headphones. When you buy a laptop make sure the usb-c port is thunderbolt3, not all usb-c ports support that protocol.
PooDoo
AG
Start syncing to the cloud?
zip04
AG
Do you want to play games on it? Run any other particular programs? I recently purchased an ASUS ROG laptop for about $1200 at Best Buy and it is great for what I need it for, to include playing games while on travel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.