T-Mobile's Affordable 5G phone - REVVL 5G - MSRP $400 ($200 if you add a line/join)

1,451 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FatZilla
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
T-Mobile just announced its REVVL 5G with good specs for $400 coming out this Friday. Its comparable to phones 2-4x its price in specs and bands it supports. T-Mobile's 600MHz and 2.5GHz 5G frequencies are both supported. Prolly gonna pick it up this Friday if I can. They are running a special that lets you get it for $200 if you add a line or if you are new to T-Mobile. This is a fantastic deal for 5G and bodes well for making the other carriers step up to match.
https://www.t-mobile.com/news/devices/revvl-4-revvl-5g

Will be nice to see if this gets a bootloader unlock. Gonna keep my eye on XDA for it.
Quote:

REVVL 5G
  • Camera: 48MP (main) + 8 MP (Super Wide) + 5MP (Macros) RFC with 16MP FFC
  • Battery: 4500 mAh
  • Color: Nebula Black
  • Screen: 6.53" 19:5:9 FHD+ Display
  • RAM: 6GB
  • ROM: 128GB
  • Bands: 5G n71/n2/n66/n41/n25 LTE 2/4/66/25/26/41/71
  • Security: Face unlock and fingerprint sensor
  • Dimensions: 6.51" X 3" X 0.37"
  • Chipset: Qualcomm SD765
  • Processor: Octa Core (6*1.8 GHz, 1*2.2 GHz, 1*2.4 GHz)

FatZilla
AG
Picked up the phone yesterday, its pretty nice. Very snappy. Loving the 5g speeds.

This battery lasts forever too. Been on all day since 10am with normal use and had 78% battery left.
bco2003
AG
I have some discount codes for $200 off this and other T-Mobile 5G devices for new and existing customers, (and don't need to add a line with my code, for existing customers).

I also have a couple of codes left for 20% off monthly service for life, for customers not currently on T-Mobile, porting their number over.

PM me if you're interested.
FatZilla
AG
bco2003 said:

I have some discount codes for $200 off this and other T-Mobile 5G devices for new and existing customers, (and don't need to add a line with my code, for existing customers).

I also have a couple of codes left for 20% off monthly service for life, for customers not currently on T-Mobile, porting their number over.

PM me if you're interested.

Would love a 200 off code for existing customers. Email in my profile.
bco2003
AG
Sent. Glad you can use it.
FatZilla
AG
bco2003 said:

Sent. Glad you can use it.

Thanks again. Just a heads up for everyone. The 200 off 5G device code requires you to purchase the device on a payment plan and already have it and are using it. You will need your phone number and IMEI number to register the code. Then it will text you that you are all set.
bco2003
AG
FatZilla said:

Thanks again. Just a heads up for everyone. It requires you to purchase the device on a payment plan and already have it and are using it. You will need your phone number and imei number to register the code. Then it will text you that you are all set.

One thing to note, that applies to the $200 off 5G phone offer. For the 20% off life, the code must be redeemed before signing-up for service.
kb2001
AG
Trying to pick one up now. The website doesn't work, the T-Mobile app doesn't work, frustrating
FatZilla
AG
kb2001 said:

Trying to pick one up now. The website doesn't work, the T-Mobile app doesn't work, frustrating

I walked into my local store to get mine but stock was low. They only got 1 in on Friday but i knew that the day before so i was there at opening time.
kb2001
AG
FatZilla said:

kb2001 said:

I walked into my local store to get mine but stock was low. They only got 1 in on Friday but i knew that the day before so i was there at opening time.
I called in and got it ordered
Duncan Idaho
Can someone explain the point of 5g in a world with data caps?
FatZilla
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Can someone explain the point of 5g in a world with data caps?
You have data caps?
permabull
AG
Señor Chang
AG
I got the Revvl 5g on Friday. I've been having problems with getting alerts/notifications from apps. I also wish that it had wireless charging capability.
FatZilla
AG
Seor Chang said:

I got the Revvl 5g on Friday. I've been having problems with getting alerts/notifications from apps. I also wish that it had wireless charging capability.

Have you used Android 10 before? 10 is a pita for notifications.
The Fife
hypeiv said:

I was tempted to buy this phone, but it's manufacturer has a pretty bad track record on putting out security updates on any sort of regular basis. I couldn't find any guarantees about this specific phone though so I am just going off how often their previous phones were updated.

I used to be all in on budget android phones but most of the time two years in you are running a security patch that is 6 months old and the phone is end of life. I'd rather spend a little more up front and get a phone that gets regular updates and has longer support time horizon. When you average out the cost per year, those phones usually end up being cheaper than the budget phones.
After 2 dead Nexus 5s and 6Ps I'm inclined to agree with you.
Señor Chang
AG
I don't think so. My last phone was a Galaxy S9. Is there any way to fix it?

Some Ring alerts are coming through about 5-10 minutes after the motion detection or doorbell is rang, other Ring alerts aren't popping up at all until I actually open the app, then they all come up at once.
FatZilla
AG
Seor Chang said:

I don't think so. My last phone was a Galaxy S9. Is there any way to fix it?

Some Ring alerts are coming through about 5-10 minutes after the motion detection or doorbell is rang, other Ring alerts aren't popping up at all until I actually open the app, then they all come up at once.

Hit up Google for a guide. There's a few items to check. Notification priority, allowed, battery optimization etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.