Marvel's Avengers

2,997 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fig96
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is your expectation level for this game?

Do we think it will be simply a money grab using the Marvel content or actually a decent game? I haven't been able to find much about game play.
jeffk
AG
A little info here - https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/3127673/last#last
FL_Ag1998
AG
Uhhh, am I experiencing dejavu or is this an Inception type of thing?
BenTheGoodAg
AG
It's the ultra rare 2 week delay double post.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Anybody played this yet?

It's like Destiny, but with Marvel. Kind of like Destiny, seems to have a bunch of issues at launch. Loading sucks, frame rate gets buggy a lot, and the looting seems like it could be better. But it's definitely fun. The campaign is pretty good, seems like playing a marvel movie.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm playing and the multiplayer option "avengers initiative" is broken with a known bug (per Reddit).

I'm enjoying it for the most part. Some of the early maps seem less open world than Destiny.
tamusc
AG
C@LAg said:

Best review I saw was titled "The Averagers".

The general consensus is "meh".

I am going to wait until it is on sale.

This. It's definitely in the "wait for a sale" and "give the dev a year to patch it" categories. Lots of potential though.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
I got early access from my pre-order of this game on 9/1, so I've got a week of play in. There are quite a few bugs that need to be worked out, but overall I have been enjoying the game. I haven't done any multiplayer yet, so I can't comment on that. I think the hardest thing for a lot of people to overcome is going to be that we are all so used to the MCU version of the characters. Once you get past that the game doesn't have the same actors as we've been watching for 12 years, it's a lot of fun.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I'm enjoying the game except I'm so used to the Movie characters that it just keeps throwing me off that these heros are not the same in look or feel. Even Bruce seems like he's light years ahead of Tony in intelligence in this game. It just feels off to me. Overall the game play is fun. Menu navigation is clunky but nothing they can't fix over time. It's Destiny with a Marvel skin and it's fun.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

I'm enjoying the game except I'm so used to the Movie characters that it just keeps throwing me off that these heros are not the same in look or feel. Even Bruce seems like he's light years ahead of Tony in intelligence in this game. It just feels off to me. Overall the game play is fun. Menu navigation is clunky but nothing they can't fix over time. It's Destiny with a Marvel skin and it's fun.

Played a little online last night, it's incredible how much easier it is with 4 people vs me and 3 bots. One issue is that pairing up with random people, you can lose each other pretty easy due to how fast Thor and Iron Man are flying compared to people like Cap and BW. Especially if someone decides to go for a random objective up on the open world without telling anyone over a mic.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm enjoying the campaign. I haven't tried the online features yet. I find it hard to see myself playing this for a long time once the campaign is done. It just seems like a grindfest once the campaign is over. I have my fingers crossed that they will add some events and variety in the near future.

Also, I suck as Hulk. I do fine as anyone else, but I just get massacred trying to fight mobs when playing as Hulk.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

I'm enjoying the campaign. I haven't tried the online features yet. I find it hard to see myself playing this for a long time once the campaign is done. It just seems like a grindfest once the campaign is over. I have my fingers crossed that they will add some events and variety in the near future.

Also, I suck as Hulk. I do fine as anyone else, but I just get massacred trying to fight mobs when playing as Hulk.

Definitely is. I think they need to limit the amount of gear they give you, and then add some Raids or something to keep people interested. I have no interest in boosting any gear, because I immediately get something better to replace it for every mission.

Also wish they had put both the factions in the same location. Having to deal with 5 minutes of loading just so you can pick up your daily missions is asinine.

On the plus side, just got my Thor leveled up to 137. And he is badass.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sunk about 30 + hours into the post game grinding, and I think I'm about tapped out. It's getting pretty repetitive, and the grind to get all of them up to 130 to complete the last missions is just so much work. Think I'm done with this until more content is added.

On the plus side, that appears to be coming soon. Black Panther and War Machine are apparently close to being added, with the game's first raid Taking place in Wakanda.
rhutton125
AG
Supposedly Kate Bishop in October and Hawkeye in November, but I haven't seen any hard dates.

I've been following this one but right now, everything about it is saying to wait. We need a clear road map and a lot of bug fixes. My cousin bought it on launch and hasn't been able to complete the campaign due to bugs.
danieljustin06
AG
I've been playing since near launch. Enjoying it, but it is repetitive and you need several heroes at least 130 to do the mega hive which is a tall order. After recent update, the drops have become stingy. That said, it's still fun, especially with at least 2 players. I'm a Thor main and love the attacks. I'm on xbox danieljustin84. Add me and send me a party invite if y'all want to run some missions.
Saxsoon
AG
I played the campaign and sold it back. I don't have tome for another destiny game. THe story was fun but I could tell the mission and gameplay loop was dramatically under par with destiny
ramblin_ag02
AG
Beat the campaign and it was good. One mission left to clear the postgame campaign and it was meh. I'll probably stop after that until there is new content that interests me. Got Iron Man to 148 and have 0 desire to grind anyone else up that high. My PS gamertag is the same as my texags handle if anyone wants to try and catch me while I'm still playing

Side note, the end game is awful. Grinding the same 4 missions to get daily limited upgrade materials is bad game design and not a substitute for actual content.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Not a Bot
AG
Game is on PS Now. Love it. Working my way through the single player campaign, very good story in my opinion.

They have added a few more campaigns for anyone who hasn't played it in a while.
Jasomania
AG
I got it a couple of weeks ago when it went on sale for ~20 and I've really liked it so far? I'm only 20ish percent through the campaign so I haven't gotten to a part where it is really grindy yet. The story is really great and single player has been really fun. I haven't played the multiplayer and am not interested in it.
WES2006AG
AG
I've enjoyed this game. I think I paid $25 for it and that seems about right. The campaign has been fun and I haven't messed around with anything online.

It also got it's next-gen update for the new consoles last month so it looks and feels better than ever.
fig96
AG
I might pick this up on sale, but I genuinely hate the art direction.

I understand that they probably can't use the likeness of the MCU actors, but the characters just look so dang generic. Seems like they could have found a more interesting way to go.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.