Computer not getting all the way into Windows werfault.exr

582 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Cassius
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://imgur.com/a/Jw0HLUt
I was dual screening with VLC and went into full screen, then messed with display settings to make one an extended screen, or duplicate, can't remember which way I went.

Then the screen went blank, was able to alt tab to Vic, but everything stayed black behind it. Tried some stuff with display settings, but eventually had too hard reset. Then this popped up.

Multiple resets and hadn't gone away. Done system restore to two prior points, no luck. Computer originally came with windows 8, updated to 10. I have Dell windows 8 recovery media.

Would like to avoid losing data if at all possible. Last option I can settle with is system restore with the keep files option, so long as all my documents everywhere in the computer remain.

Any fix?

Wildmen03
AG
Are you able to get into windows at all? Or does that error keep you from getting into windows?
bigtruckguy3500
Unable to get into windows at all. That basically pops up before the windows login screen
bigtruckguy3500
Trying to get into safe mode appears either very slow, or not working. Just waiting on a black screen with only the cursor visible. Unable to run chkdsk or sfc from the command prompt I can get into from the Windows recovery options.

Going to try uninstalling latest updates, then again try getting into safe mode, command prompt, and chkdsk then sfc
bigtruckguy3500
Managed to get into windows. Uninstalled the latest windows update and restarted and it seemed let me in. Running sfc now. Not sure what the deal was, but lucked out. Now time to do back up.
Cassius
You should use Google drive or something else to sync your docs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.