G Suite Account

1,000 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ol Jock 99
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why aren't YouTube links working and how do I fix it?

Wildmen03
AG
Since YouTube is owned by google they make you sign into a Google account to view restricted videos. If you don't have one you need to make an account and sign into it when viewing those videos.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I do have one. And I'm signed in. No ideas what makes these "restricted"; they're just normal everyday videos. This has exploded over the past week.
Wildmen03
AG
Do you have an adblocker or anything on your system that would be affecting verification?
Decay
AG
Or maybe you're logged into a work/education account? Or trying to go through a firewall that blocks it (or VPN'd into a network that does).

When I VPN into a school district's network my streaming sometimes gets blocked like that.
Ol Jock 99
AG
That's the thing; literally nothing has changed. At the house, same everything. And suddenly getting g-suite error on 50%+ of video links. Phone and laptop, even though I am logged in to Google.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Starting to narrow down the issue...looks like our network is now filtering stuff aggressively. I turned off WiFi and the links worked. Now to figure out why.

Decay
AG
You in an apartment or something like that? Or in-person at work?
txyaloo
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Starting to narrow down the issue...looks like our network is now filtering stuff aggressively. I turned off WiFi and the links worked. Now to figure out why.

What's your network setup? Router model? Custom dns? Router family friendly/parental control settings?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Got it fixed. Thanks guys!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.