Wired Speakers for Airplay

684 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sling Blade
K_P
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What products should I use if I want to make a wired speaker setup that can easily be used with AirPlay? Mainly interested in a user friendly receiver I think.

It's for a boat house and deck. I want 6 speakers. I am assuming wired to a receiver will be more economical than going wireless. I need outdoor (moisture but not rain) speakers and interested in what receiver to use.

I am looking for value, not cheap-o, but not audiophile or anything crazy.

Edit WiFi is strong down there.

First post on the board. Tia!
Jethro95
AG
This may not be what you are looking for but what I have for both my garage and back porch audio is an older Airport Express Router connected to a plain old stereo receiver. I got the Airport Express routers off of ebay for around $25 each. You set up the Airport Express Routers so that they are only there to connect to your network and output music to the receiver.
TravelAg2004
AG
Jethro95 said:

This may not be what you are looking for but what I have for both my garage and back porch audio is an older Airport Express Router connected to a plain old stereo receiver. I got the Airport Express routers off of ebay for around $25 each. You set up the Airport Express Routers so that they are only there to connect to your network and output music to the receiver.

This is what I'm doing. But I have 3 and wired to different set of speakers in the house. Then I can control from my phone in play in 1 room or any combination.

But people are figuring this out so the airport express are going for $60-$70 now. This is the one you want:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Airport-Express-A1392-2nd-Generation-Dualband-802-11n-WiFi-Router-Orig-Box-/324172180568?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49293
EvenPar
AG
We use sonos on our pier - it works great as long as you have strong WiFi with data. If the speakers are under a roof they'll be fine.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Quote:

But people are figuring this out so the airport express are going for $60-$70 now.

Wow, I have a couple of these not in service. May sell now that it is worth my time post and sell. Been doing airplay for years.

Thanks for the heads up.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Jethro95 said:

This is exactly what I did. I have an old stereo receiver in garage powering my garage and back patio speakers.
Sling Blade
AG
I use these and have it hooked up to my receiver.

You can connect it to your Wifi, and then AirPlay work.

https://www.amazon.com/HZONE-Wireless-Mirroring-Receiver-Projector/dp/B085R92J7Y/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=airplay+receiver&qid=1594086601&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySEIzOFgwRkRLSkM1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODM5NzY3MUxRMk5BUEY0RUtaMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTI2MjM4MldURjk5UTRXQ0NNNiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.