YouTube TV price increase

14,048 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PatAg
Cloud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I switched to Fubo. $10 cheaper and get Astros and rockets which YouTube tv didn't have. Disney properties getting added in August. Pleased so far.
Broncos
Cloud said:

I switched to Fubo. $10 cheaper and get Astros and rockets which YouTube tv didn't have. Disney properties getting added in August. Pleased so far.
Have you been happy with Fubo in the short time you've had it? I've heard mixed reviews. Looking to get rid of DirecTV and have it narrowed to Hulu Live, Fubo, and YTTV.
SlackerAg
AG
Looks like Fubo will increase prices to match YTTV's $65 once ESPN/SEC is added. But having AT&T SportsNet is the tie-breaker -- and no fake news CNN which is a bonus.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/1/21309678/fubo-tv-subscription-price-increase-cost-family-plan-standard-youtube-disney-warnermedia
aggie_wes
AG
Switched to Philo + OTA antenna until sports start again. Then I'll add the sling package with the ESPNs and I'll still save money over YTTV. Plus my wife has to have hallmark, which Philo has (I was paying an additional 7.99 for FriendlyTV when I had YTTV)

So far I like Philo for the money.
jr15aggie
AG
Still have YouTube TV and been pretty happy with it. Figured prices would go up sooner rather than later.

Biggest win for me is no more crappy cable boxes and wiring schemes for multiple boxes. Have full TV access everywhere now. I can easily add a TV on my back porch and watch football from the pool now!

I've also really enjoyed being able to watch sports on the go. The old ESPN, etc. apps were always so hit or miss but now I can watch A&M, etc. anywhere. It's very convenient and their software is pretty solid!
boy09
AG
HackerAg said:

Looks like Fubo will increase prices to match YTTV's $65 once ESPN/SEC is added. But having AT&T SportsNet is the tie-breaker -- and no fake news CNN which is a bonus.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/1/21309678/fubo-tv-subscription-price-increase-cost-family-plan-standard-youtube-disney-warnermedia

Any idea when this will actually happen? This article is from a month ago and there is still no ESPN. I also just signed up last week for the $55 standard plan, so i guess the price increase and everyone moving to the family plan hasn't happened yet either.
TMoney2007
AG
jr15aggie said:

Still have YouTube TV and been pretty happy with it. Figured prices would go up sooner rather than later.

Biggest win for me is no more crappy cable boxes and wiring schemes for multiple boxes. Have full TV access everywhere now. I can easily add a TV on my back porch and watch football from the pool now!

I've also really enjoyed being able to watch sports on the go. The old ESPN, etc. apps were always so hit or miss but now I can watch A&M, etc. anywhere. It's very convenient and their software is pretty solid!
I had some ATT people show up at my door yesterday selling TV and internet.

I told them I already had ATT fiber, but no cable. They were pushing their streaming service, so I asked which one since they have like 5... It was ATT TV. When I told them I wasn't interested, they asked what I thought about it, so I told them it has all the disadvantages of cable: random fees, equipment charges, contracts,...

I tried not to sound like an *******. Hopefully, it makes them come up with some answers for the next person.
jr15aggie
AG
Yup! I have suddenlink. They have pretty solid internet but their TV equipment is crap. I gave them a chance when I moved last year and tried out their brand new all in one Altice box. From this box came terrible internet (I could never get close to my 500 MB I was paying for) and an extremely clunky TV Tuner / DVR.

Sent it all back! Kept their internet (no issues fixing my speed issue with a standard modem and my Google router) and switched over to YTTV. Easy and I can come and go with TV service anytime I want.
AgsWin2011
AG
Does Fubo get Fox Sports Southwest?
tfunk02
AG
They have FS1 and FS2. Is Fox Sports SW still a thing? I haven't gone out of my way to watch it since we left the Dumpster XII.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome
boy09
AG
Heismenberg said:

Does Fubo get Fox Sports Southwest?
No
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I may just switch back to Sling Blue for $30/month.

Since all we have live TV for is FoxNews.
boy09
AG
Fubo just added ABC, ESPN, FX, Disney channel, Freeform, and Nat Geo yesterday.
bcanales05
AG
I'm just outside the Dallas area and have Dish for TV only. We have Frontier for cable. I pay $87.99 for the channels but also pay an additional $31 for the equipment plus fees/taxes. Total is $151 each month just for TV that I don't even really watch. DISH also had a PIP where I could watch 2 games side by side, but the problem was that the two screens didn't fill up the entire screen. We really only watch our shows via DVR and nothing really live except sports.

I've been with DISH for over 14yrs and just never really worried about it. When they lost the HBO contract before season 6 or 7 of GOT, it made me pretty mad. Then I looked at it as we'll that's $20 less a month for movies channels.

Then they lost FSSW so I could no longer watch the Stars, Rangers or Mavericks and that really ticked me off. I can't watch the local teams, what a bunch of BS.

Then at the beginning of this month, I received an email that NFL Network has pulled their channel from DISH. Now I can't watch games on the NFL Network or via Redzone.

I think that's the last straw for me. I understand that I should've done a better job of keeping track of my payment, but to be honest, I was too comfortable and never contemplated making a change. Lazy excuse, but it was the truth.

So, fast forward to now and I see everyone complaining about $65. I'm thinking this is a heck of a deal and we're excited about switching at the end of the month (clearing our DVR out currently). Is there any other reasoning to not switch to YTT besides the pricing going up? Does YTT have PIP by any chance? I know when I used to watch college football on the ESPN app, you used to be able to have up to 4 games at a time. I loved that, then they got rid of it.

DISH's newest DVR box has the 4 way PIP ability that covers the entire screen and it looks awesome. I know that if I upgrade to this new DVR, it's another 2yr commitment.
boy09
AG
bcanales05 said:

Does YTT have PIP by any chance? I know when I used to watch college football on the ESPN app, you used to be able to have up to 4 games at a time. I loved that, then they got rid of it.
It's 2020, i think it's about time we normalize double TVs in the living room.
trueaggie2782
AG
T-mobile just announced that they will give you $10/month of youtube tv if you use their mobile service.
SJEAg
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

T-mobile just announced that they will give you $10/month of youtube tv if you use their mobile service.

If they keep their Netflix offer as well - that looks pretty enticing compared to even Cricket.
NPH-
AG
boy09 said:

bcanales05 said:

Does YTT have PIP by any chance? I know when I used to watch college football on the ESPN app, you used to be able to have up to 4 games at a time. I loved that, then they got rid of it.
not gonna lie, that would look weird to me, but may be the future we are heading to!
YouBet
AG
NPH- said:

boy09 said:

bcanales05 said:

not gonna lie, that would look weird to me, but may be the future we are heading to!
At one time we had 6 TVs for 2 people. Absolutely ridiculous.

We are down to 4. Still absolutely ridiculous.
Dr. Horrible
boy09 said:

bcanales05 said:

I have two in the living room, but still wish there was PIP to watch more than 2 games at a time. This is what I miss most about Vue.
LostInLA07
AG
The 4 way screen split in PSVue was awesome.
YouBet
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

boy09 said:

bcanales05 said:

I have two in the living room, but still wish there was PIP to watch more than 2 games at a time. This is what I miss most about Vue.

Do you have an Xbox? I can watch multiple games at once with it. It's interesting that feature has been removed as a native feature from most TVs.

Now that I say that I haven't done it since last year so I assume I still have that feature.
NPH-
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

boy09 said:

bcanales05 said:

I'd love to see your setup with how you position two tvs in the living room.

When folks come over, do they ever mention it?
Redstone
AG
We have:

Hulu Plus, with Disney and ESPN package
Netflix
Prime
Fire TV
YouTube regular

Since summer, 2014

Don't miss DirecTV at all
PatAg
AG
If it weren't for watching sports, I would definitely drop my cable subscription.
Unfortunately there is no legit way to get ESPN channels, FSSW (balley now) and FS1/FS2 on their own. I'd probably be fine with spending $10-$15 on regional sports FSSW/Balley sports

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.