YouTube TV price increase

14,146 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PatAg
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, it was bound to happen eventually. Just got an email stating monthly cost will be going up to $64.99.
AggieT
AG
I'm out.
SJEAg
AG
Bummer. But not surprised and still don't see any better options.
AgsWin2011
AG
So they take away Fox Sports SW from me and increase the price. I think I'm about to check out as well. There is nothing on TV worth watching right now without sports anyway. Might as well take a break.
trueaggie2782
AG
But, but, they're adding Viacom channels that nobody gives a crap about for that extra fee.
boy09
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

But, but, they're adding Viacom channels that nobody gives a crap about for that extra fee.
A TON of people want Viacom channels.
JW
AG
Needed a reason to cancel.
Keegan99
AG
I just cancelled.

No way I'm paying more for that garbage when the only reason I want it is sports, and there aren't even any sports on!
SandmanAg
AG
I'm out too. They are heading closer to what I already had when I was with Suddenlink.

Thinking of trying out the Sling. With the Orange package + Sports it will be $40. Has anyone tried Sling?

boy09
AG
bb94 said:

Thinking of trying out the Sling. With the Orange package + Sports it will be $40. Has anyone tried Sling?
It's fine. The user interface/guide are terrible, but it's got a good selection of channels and i never had any kind of streaming problems or anything.
jbryan10
AG
Time to consider one of the MANY other options
YNWA_AG
AG
You can get Hulu live, disney plus and ESPN plus for cheaper than YouTube tv
bankshot11
AG
bb94 said:

I'm out too. They are heading closer to what I already had when I was with Suddenlink.

I had Sling back in 2016 and it was horrendous. The video constantly froze or jumped backward, with no way to rewind or fast forward. For example, one time I was watching an Aggie game that was midway through the 2nd quarter. Sling randomly froze and jumped back to the opening drive! No way to get back to the "live" portion. There was also no DVR or recording capability.

Again this was 4 years ago, and maybe it's gotten better since then, but that was my experience.
SJEAg
AG
YNWA_AG said:

One of those I have no desire to have, and do we really think Hulu (which is inferior to YT, IMO) won't be doing the same thing soon? Prices are going to go up for all the options streaming live tv, or they will die off like PSVue. Sucks, but is what it is. For those on the fence about needing live tv, the decision definitely became easier.
tfunk02
AG
Time to work on the wife about needing live TV...

I only need it for football season.
IrishAg
SJEAg said:

YNWA_AG said:

One of those I have no desire to have, and do we really think Hulu (which is inferior to YT, IMO) won't be doing the same thing soon? Prices are going to go up for all the options streaming live tv, or they will die off like PSVue. Sucks, but is what it is. For those on the fence about needing live tv, the decision definitely became easier.

I haven't tried it yet, but Fubo might be a good target since they just inked a deal with Disney for all their channels
Reginald Cousins
S
That's gonna be about my ceiling.

Another hike and I'm likely out.
Justin2010
AG
Came here to complain about it. Just saw the notice on my tv.

I don't want ANY of the additional channels they added.
TMoney2007
AG
I think they're all going to creep up like this... might as well jump on whatever service lags behind. I only keep mine during football season.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Incredible that's the price now
double aught
AG
I'm paying around $40 for DirecTV. No point in bailing at that price.

$65 is pretty ridiculous.
erudite
trueaggie2782 said:

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. Just got an email stating monthly cost will be going up to $64.99.
Go get a hobby.

Oh wait....TV watching is not a hobby
Jasomania
AG
bb94 said:

I have sling, no real complaints, it has things like DVR now and very rarely do i have any issues streaming. It's got less channels than the others but it's stuff i don't really care about or can get through netflix / hulu / other.

The biggest draw back is they don't have locals which is also an easy fix with an antenna (i also have an OTA Tivo for recording locals but there are several options if you want to record on antenna now).
Al Bula
AG
That is interesting about fubo and ESPN/Disney. How do you Fubo subscribers consume it? Hoping my Samsung TV has an app like their website says. Will have to check when I get home from work. I really wanted to jump on the bandwagon since they are the only service with the Astros.
SLAM
These services are all going to increase the price so much that cutting the cord will be rendered irrelevant. People already don't want tv, why do they think people will pay for this?
The Fife
SLAM said:

These services are all going to increase the price so much that cutting the cord will be rendered irrelevant. People already don't want tv, why do they think people will pay for this?
Couldn't have said it better myself! When a streaming service becomes cable it's at a pretty good risk of being cut.
double aught
AG
SLAM said:

People don't want tv?
Cassius
is Hulu Live any better than it was? I had it two years ago and the UX was bad, especially the guide. DVR was also terrible and had glitches.

I'll be looking for a way out.
A is A
AG
Cassius said:

is Hulu Live any better than it was? I had it two years ago and the UX was bad, especially the guide. DVR was also terrible and had glitches.

I'll be looking for a way out.
they updated the UX last fall/winter.

Its better - but still has some improvements to make.
Ulrich
double aught said:

SLAM said:

People don't want tv?

They don't want to spend $100 a month for 5 channels they watch and 200 they don't.
SLAM
double aught said:

SLAM said:

People don't want tv?

I mean people don't want to pay for cable, why do they think people would pay the same for streaming?
boy09
AG
SLAM said:

double aught said:

SLAM said:

People don't want tv?
I mean people don't want to pay for cable, why do they think people would pay the same for streaming?
Convenience. No commitments, no equipment rental..
IrishAg
boy09 said:

SLAM said:

double aught said:

SLAM said:

People don't want tv?
Convenience. No commitments, no equipment rental..
My wife and I sat down and were thinking about making the move off of Spectrum cable, and ironically, we realized that without business travel we're getting that with Spectrum right now. It's crazy to think that with spectrum (at home, can't get it outside of the house) I can watch on any of the devices we have in the house (appleTV, Roku, and Chromecast). And it costs less combo'd with internet ($123 out the door) than what YouTube TV would be with the price increase ($60 + $65) not to mention that YTTV still was missing a couple of channels we wanted.

It's crazy to think that in just a few years for us, keeping Cable would be the cheaper option with the same amount of flexibility.
Halibut
AG
Sling has improved, but it's still a bit rough sometimes. The best part about it is that your sling login gets you access to ESPN's streaming and on demand stuff which is usually more reliable.
RP
AG
I've been researching sling and it looks like their orange package includes ESPN. The blue package includes Fox News. Those are basically the only two channels I want for news and formula 1 coverage.

If I go with the blue package to get fox, do you think the blue package would still allow me to access ESPN with the ESPN app when logging in with sling as your provider or am I screwed?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.