DrDistespect Permaban on Twitch

6,160 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggietaco
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Artorias said:

Dick Winters said:

Any updates on this?
Haven't seen anything concrete. Latest rumblings I have seen/heard is a combination of a couple things that lead to some higher up at Twitch/Amazon deciding to give him the boot:

1. With Mixer shutting down and Twitch realizing losing Ninja/Shroud didn't really cost Twitch any meaningful money or viewers, giving Doc a multi-million dollar contract just a few months ago was a bad financial move.

2. Twitch/Amazon is in the middle of a SJW house cleaning, banning many streamers for alleged bad behavior.

The combination of giving Doc a big contract and then Mixer (their only real competion) shutting down, along with Doc being a bit of a "wildcard" in some of the non-PC stuff he says/does on stream, made someone at Twitch/Amazon decide they didn't want to deal with him anymore and gave him the boot.

I know nothing about any of this world, but it seems like signing somebody to a contract and then firing them for the same behavior they had shown prior to signing the contract would be dubious grounds to stand on legally.
AggieVictor10
AG
Artorias said:

Dick Winters said:

Any updates on this?
Haven't seen anything concrete. Latest rumblings I have seen/heard is a combination of a couple things that lead to some higher up at Twitch/Amazon deciding to give him the boot:

1. With Mixer shutting down and Twitch realizing losing Ninja/Shroud didn't really cost Twitch any meaningful money or viewers, giving Doc a multi-million dollar contract just a few months ago was a bad financial move.

2. Twitch/Amazon is in the middle of a SJW house cleaning, banning many streamers for alleged bad behavior.

The combination of giving Doc a big contract and then Mixer (their only real competion) shutting down, along with Doc being a bit of a "wildcard" in some of the non-PC stuff he says/does on stream, made someone at Twitch/Amazon decide they didn't want to deal with him anymore and gave him the boot.

If it was something like this, I think it would've leaked by now.

I think it was more or less a contract dispute. Streamers and online communities can't keep a secret as well as legal teams can.
Artorias
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

I think it is certainly possible, but keep in mind that he wasn't just banned from Twitch. He lost numerous partnerships/sponsors at the same time including Discord.
The majority of those have since been reinstated.
Artorias
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Artorias said:

Dick Winters said:

Any updates on this?

I know nothing about any of this world, but it seems like signing somebody to a contract and then firing them for the same behavior they had shown prior to signing the contract would be dubious grounds to stand on legally.
Twitch is pretty notorious for their agreements pretty much stating they reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason. But to your point, that is why there has been radio silence from both sides, as both certainly lawyered up.
Artorias
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Artorias said:

Dick Winters said:

Any updates on this?

If it was something like this, I think it would've leaked by now.

I think it was more or less a contract dispute. Streamers and online communities can't keep a secret as well as legal teams can.
I don't think they banned Doc for something he did. I don't think there is a #metoo issue or it would have leaked as you said.

I think it was more out of dislike for his non-PC behavior and fear of what he "might" say/do, combined with realizing they didn't need to pay someone they viewed as a "risk" millions of dollars when their only competition closed up shop.
saltydog13
AG
Not Doc, but ninja streaming on Twitch today which is weird.
Aggietaco
AG
Not really surprising. All about that $$$.
saltydog13
AG
Figured youtube would pick up ninja/shroud/doc. Especially with the ninja situation being a bit ugly when he left twitch.
YNWA_AG
AG
Just had an Instagram live saying he's streaming today
Wheatables02
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Just had an Instagram live saying he's streaming today
Yep I am hearing YouTube. We'll see!
saltydog13
AG
He's going to have insane viewing numbers
AggieVictor10
AG
Would be a huge get for YouTube.

YouTube seems more likely than Facebook for sure.
AtlAg05
AG
He's live now on YouTube. 246K and counting
AtlAg05
AG
AtlAg05 said:

He's live now on YouTube. 246K and counting

Well, it's just a scene and he's no where to be seen but his channel is live.
saltydog13
AG
Almost 300k just waiting
Wheatables02
AG
saltydog13 said:

Almost 300k just waiting
300,001 since i just joined - wow! everyone just sitting here and waiting...
AtlAg05
AG
Saw a screen cap that he said in the channel chat, he'll be back tomorrow at 12pm Pacific.
YNWA_AG
AG
FIDO95
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Momentum. Speed. Violence.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieVictor10
AG
Gonna be fun watching YouTube **** itself when he gets on camera.
Aggietaco
AG
Doubt it will be much more than a blip on Youtube's daily 1,000,000,000+ hours of video watched. Still funny that there are 14K people still watching the damn gas station right now.
AggieVictor10
AG
Fair point. I guess I'm more used to Twitch ****ting the bed when something big happens (ex., when Doc has returned to streaming in the past).
Bregxit
AG
Aggietaco said:

Doubt it will be much more than a blip on Youtube's daily 1,000,000,000+ hours of video watched. Still funny that there are 14K people still watching the damn gas station right now.

Funnier that he has money rolling in from chat without doing a damn thing right now.
Aggietaco
AG
Word, random donations and a CC membership notification like every few seconds.
Aggietaco
AG
It's live, boys. Never watched a live stream before, but going to check out a few minutes of this.

AggieVictor10
AG
The production quality of his streams is nuts.
Artorias
AG
500k people watching

Donations going crazy.
wangus12
AG
People throwing $500 donations. I just don't understand why you'd randomly give wealthy people free money.
Artorias
AG
wangus12 said:

People throwing $500 donations. I just don't understand why you'd randomly give wealthy people free money.
Yeah, it is pretty crazy the donation amounts some of these streamers gets. Summit1G has a list of top donos all time, and there are several in the 10's of thousands of dollars. It is pretty insane.
PatAg
AG
It's how things have always been. Think back to patrons sponsoring musicians/poets/playwrights and whatnot. People will always waste their money if given a chance
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah, but those people actually got stuff from those people and were the only ones patronizing them. If they wanted art or poetry or whatever, they had a guy for that.

Plus, it was a big status thing because everyone knew you were the guy footing the bills. Some of those guys were also very popular figures in their time, and being their patron opened up your social circle quite a bit. Think of knowing someone like an Andy Warhol or Picasso and having them at all of your parties and everyone knowing that they were your art guy. Kind of makes you a big deal by association and the fact your rich AF enough to support them.
Aggietaco
AG
Yeah but Dr Disrespect mentioned my YouTube user name in a stream one time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.