SpaceX Starlink 60-Satellite Parade tonight,

4,911 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bco2003
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hph6203 said:

60 more are going up at 8:25 PM CT tonight if weather allows.
Where are you located?
hph6203
AG
wangus12 said:

hph6203 said:

60 more are going up at 8:25 PM CT tonight if weather allows.
Where are you located?
Not flying over. Going up.

wangus12
AG
5th time that Falcon has gone up and returned back to station.
Pman17
AG
Another launch. This is so cool. I know rockets launch all the time, but what a time we live in! I'm very excited to see Starlink in action. I hope it disrupts our current internet providers.
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
Big train tonight
Bregxit
AG
So did anyone see the Starlink train? Clear skies here and all we could see were a bunch of stars. No signs of satellites.
ChrisTheClassic
AG
Saw it from corpus. Was really hard to see. That website is amazing and we wouldn't have seen them if we didn't know they were going directly through the big dippers tail.

The space station, however, was so bright that we thought it was a plane.
benMath08
AG
We saw the ISS but not the starlink chain. Friend of ours was the same. Thought it just might be the light pollution in our neighborhood though.

Is this chain the new satellites with less reflective coating?
bco2003
AG
Same for me in Frisco. ISS very bright. Couldn't see the Starlinks. Lots of light pollution though.
bco2003
AG
benMath08 said:

Supposedly 40 or 41 Starlinks were flying over tonight, but 60 were launched with the "sun visors," so I'm guessing tonight's were not them.
wangus12
AG
We saw the ISS and caught what was maybe the last satellite of the train. Lots of light pollution at our apartment. Will definitely be glad to close on our house in NE McKinney this week
Bregxit
AG
bco2003 said:

benMath08 said:

Supposedly 40 or 41 Starlinks were flying over tonight, but 60 were launched with the "sun visors," so I'm guessing tonight's were not them.

So the experimental coating was tested on one satellite in January and they haven't switched to that yet. The visors and solar panel angle changes don't start until launch 9 on June 12. So no idea why I couldn't see them going pretty much straight overhead and that just about guarantees we won't see future ones from our house. Bummer.

" We are taking some key steps to reduce satellite brightness btw. Should be much less noticeable during orbit raise by changing solar panel angle & all sats get sunshades starting with launch 9." - Elon Musk in April
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Saw both ISS and Starlinks. Clear skies, minimal light pollution and no moon until 10pm made it possible.
Post removed:
by user
Tailgate88
AG
There's another batch of 38 tomorrow (Saturday 7/25) night! Supposed to pass over College Station at 9:18pm.

https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/
Phat32
AG
That's a super cool site.
bco2003
AG
Several good ISS viewing opportunities this week, at least over Texas.

https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.