SpaceX Starlink 60-Satellite Parade tonight,

4,967 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bco2003
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
840-915pm tonight if your view is unobstructed, which it should be for most Texans. Tonight look NW and try to spot it intersecting the dipper part of Urza Major (big dipper).

Tomorrow, look at the moon around 9:10pm; going oppo taco. Should be very visible if skies are clear.

didnt see this on the first page. Please delete thread if it is. Enjoy!

https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

These are low-latency low-earth orbit satellites that could potentially provide broad-band internet for the entire planet. Pretty cool.

Witness history!
kyledr04
AG
That was awesome. Came right overhead. We almost missed them because it was too bright to see the originate from the NW then I realized I could see them right over my head and disappearing SE.
Velvet Jones
AG

No really. Thanks BMR. Sent along to family in the Midwest to enjoy in 20 mins. Hope there's minimal cloud cover tomorrow!
BadMoonRisin
AG
MiniShrike said:

No really. Thanks BMR. Sent along to family in the Midwest to enjoy in 20 mins. Hope there's minimal cloud cover tomorrow!
Glad you enjoyed it. My son's bedtime is 7:30, but we woke him up about 10 minutes before the "parade" and he freaked the heck out...he was so excited just to see the stars.

And glad that he was able to see "the first" satellite parade "ever". He loves space. I hope he remembers this forever...but if he doesnt...guess what, its coming back tomorrow night!
Bobcat-Ag
I missed it, but when does this happen again?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

Tonight at 9:20 in my area. There will be 15. Click the link in the OP and it will tell you when and where to look.
Bobcat-Ag
BadMoonRisin said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Tonight at 9:20 in my area. Click the link in the OP and it will tell you when and where to look.
Thank you. I tried searching and couldn't find it. Who knew that the link was right here!
will25u
X-Posting from the politics board...

I live in GA. And I could see the StarLink "train" of satellites last night. They were pretty dim, but you could see all 60 in a line. Lasted for about 4 minutes.

Crappy cellphone shot. But was pretty impressed with Google NightSight. Can see them in the middle of the frame going from left to right.

TexAgs91
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

840-915pm tonight if your view is unobstructed, which it should be for most Texans. Tonight look NW and try to spot it intersecting the dipper part of Urza Major (big dipper).

Tomorrow, look at the moon around 9:10pm; going oppo taco. Should be very visible if skies are clear.

didnt see this on the first page. Please delete thread if it is. Enjoy!

https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

These are low-latency low-earth orbit satellites that could potentially provide broad-band internet for the entire planet. Pretty cool.

Witness history!
That is an impressive satellite page. I'll be looking for the sats tonight
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
deddog
AG
Saw one last night, but didn't realize it was part of this. Will be on the lookout tonight
Drillbit4
AG
That website is awesome. Deserves an award.
kyledr04
AG
Looks like 2 groups tonight. Might be too bright for the first pass.

Cant wait for them to offer service. I'll move to the middle of nowhere.
TexAgBolter
AG
Didn't see anything in Montgomery. Thin cloud layer.
TxAg82
AG
Yeah I didn't see the first pass either.
Bregxit
AG
Didn't see anything near The Woodlands except stars. I am disappoint.
BadMoonRisin
AG
kyledr04 said:

Looks like 2 groups tonight. Might be too bright for the first pass.

Cant wait for them to offer service. I'll move to the middle of nowhere.
Are you in houston? I just looked up dayton, tx for my FIL and it looks like there are two passes. a train of 40 going nw to se and then the same flight i can see over austin with 15 sattelites later on. And yeah, it might say that we cant see it here in Austin due to the amount of light, since sundown will be much later. It pretty much goes straight over our head, but just not visible.

it looks like there is 75% cloud coverage in Houston there though so not sure if it will turn out.
kyledr04
AG
I didn't see them tonight either
Phat32
AG
Saw this at 9:24 and it was supposed to end at 9:26. Ran outside. Overcast.
metrag06
AG
Too much cirrus in DFW to see this evening
Ag In Ok
AG
Too cloudy for us although there was a ring around the moon. Pretty cool
TXAG 05
AG
Too cloudy in Houston.
harge57
AG
Wasn't quite dark enough out in west tx. Saw a couple moving late. Much faster than I expected.

Looks like next tuesday night should be good.
SpiderD02
AG
In Austin and saw about 10, but for only about 2-3 seconds each. However did see two others moving different directions for much long. Great night to be outside, lighting bugs to boot.
Liquid Wrench
I looked up a couple times and didn't see anything unusual, but I might not have been looking in the right place.

If I'm reading that site right, there may be another chance at 5:30AM.
Ag_of_08
AG
Stellarium shows a bunch of active GPS sats over us right now to, I caught one in the telescope a couple nights ago.

These shouldn't be visible once in their correct orbit

labmansid
That is a pretty cool site. The graphics certainly are more detailed and innovative than most other satellite prediction sites I have seen. It even gives a weather forecast to help decide if a pass will be worthwhile.
wangus12
AG
Looks like 40 for Tuesday night
Aggietaco
AG
Thanks for the link, the rib and I watched the 30+ satellites fly over tonight despite the clouds.
harge57
AG
Was a pretty cool show tonight. Let the 4 year old stay up late to watch them.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
I missed the other nights. Looks like 41 on Thursday (5/7) at 9:09pm for San Antonio area.

Forecast is for partly cloudy but fingers crossed.
Malachi Constant
AG
24 visible tomorrow night (May 7th) from the Dallas area at 9:09 PM
bco2003
AG
Was extremely skeptical we'd see it with city lights and clouds, but just saw the ISS flyover. Incredible!
wangus12
AG
Caught the ISS tonight. Really loving that website
bco2003
AG
Me too again! Was very bright tonight! This is one of the best websites out there!

Saturday looks like another busy night where 41 Starlink satellites will be flying over.
hph6203
AG
60 more are going up at 8:25 PM CT tonight if weather allows.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.