Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

10,335 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by canadiaggie
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trailer is dropping tomorrow.

powerbelly
AG
Can't wait. I loved the AC Odyssey.
Woods Ag
AG
This may be the one for me.. I played the first couple and then odyssey partially. It was good, but never hooked me
Thunder18
AG
Black Flag, Origins and Odyssey were all badass...particularly the latter 2
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure the writer from Black Flag is the guy who wrote this one
Not a Bot
AG
ALL IN

Love Nordic culture / Vikings!

Yesyesyesyesyes
jay040
I'm re-playing through the Ezio Trilogy - I enjoy these older Assassin's Creed so much more than the Origins/Odyssey style. I wish they could keep these awesome open worlds but get rid of the "level 2 player can't stab a level 10 target".
bodaciousbood14
AG
Page one
wangus12
AG

wangus12
AG
jay040 said:

I'm re-playing through the Ezio Trilogy - I enjoy these older Assassin's Creed so much more than the Origins/Odyssey style. I wish they could keep these awesome open worlds but get rid of the "level 2 player can't stab a level 10 target".

Same here. I want a mix of both really. Love having the massive open worlds, a bigger loot system and I enjoyed a more challenging combat style. Bring back the hidden blade, lose the of the mythological beast fights and have a more streamlined story. I don't need the multiple choices/endings a la The Witcher or Odyssey.
Gomer95
AG
That looks awesome! I just played all the way through Odyssey including the DLC and it was one of my favorite games ever. I assume this will also be on PS 4 and maybe PS 5? If the PS 5 comes out at Christmas?
wangus12
AG
Info from the website

Quote:

Become Eivor, a mighty Viking raider and lead your clan from the harsh shores of Norway to a new home amid the lush farmlands of ninth-century England. Explore a beautiful, mysterious open world where you'll face brutal enemies, raid fortresses, build your clan's new settlement, and forge alliances to win glory and earn a place in Valhalla.

England in the age of the Vikings is a fractured nation of petty lords and warring kingdoms. Beneath the chaos lies a rich and untamed land waiting for a new conqueror. Will it be you?
Quote:

Lead your people in massive assaults against Saxon armies and fortresses, and expand your influence far beyond your settlement's borders. Command a crew of raiders and launch lightning-fast surprise attacks from your longship to claim your enemies' riches for your clan.
Quote:

Unleash the ruthless fighting style of a Viking warrior and dual-wield axes, swords, or even shields against fierce, relentless foes. Choose your tactics and dismember opponents in close-quarters combat, riddle them with arrows, or assassinate them with your hidden blade.
Quote:

The advanced RPG mechanics of Assassin's Creed Valhalla give you new ways to grow as a warrior and a leader. Influence the world around you while acquiring new skills and gear to suit your playstyle. Blaze your own path across England by fighting brutal battles and leading fiery raids, or form strategic alliances and triumph by your wits. Every choice you make in combat and conversation is another step on the path to greatness.
Quote:

Grow and customize your own settlement by recruiting new clan members and building upgradable structures. Get better troops by constructing a barracks, improve your weapons at the blacksmith, discover new customization options with a tattoo parlor, and much more.
Quote:

Playable as female or male, Eivor leads a clan of Norse people across the icy North Sea to flee Norway's endless war and dwindling resources. If they hope to survive, they'll have to build a new home in the hostile lands of England. There, you'll provide for yourself and your people by constructing, customizing, and upgrading your settlement with new buildings like barracks, blacksmiths, and tattoo parlors, all while recruiting new members to grow your clan.
bodaciousbood14
AG
I really liked the open battles in Odyssey and think they could be even better and bigger.

It would also be interesting to see if you access the different gods as you progress...Loki, Thor, Hela, the Valkyries, Odin, etc...

Hidden blade reveal was SICK!
wangus12
AG
Curious to see where they go with this. They kinda portrayed Aelfred the Great as a bad guy which he really wasn't. I imagine the guy next to him is a Templar influencing him

From what I can read, it looks like it'll be something like ACIV, so the protagonist is not an assassin and most likely won't be, but may work alongside the assassins or become one much later in game.

Love the Viking Assassin logo

jeffk
AG
Looks amazing, but other than the dude having a hidden blade, there's not much assassin's creed tie-in. I'm sure more will be revealed as it gets closer, but it looks more like a Age of Empires or God of War game at this point.
Fenrir
I'm imagining it as more of a Witcher 3-esque game. I haven't played any of the AC games since Black Flag and Rogue. Used to be one of my favorite series but they seem to have abandoned the sci-fi aspects that made it interesting to me.
CrottyKid
AG
If reviews come out that it is like Black Flag, I will buy it on day one.
YouBet
AG
Intrigued. Still a bit mad I was not able to finish Odyssey DLC. It won't load on my machine via Steam so never got to really finish it.
wangus12
AG
CrottyKid said:

If reviews come out that it is like Black Flag, I will buy it on day one.

Writer says there are some similarities between Edward and main character
jeffk
AG
They're both naval enthusiasts and have a propensity for stabbing people.
powerbelly
AG
I hope there isnt too much sailing. Always the worst part of any AC game.
Thunder18
AG
Fenrir said:

I'm imagining it as more of a Witcher 3-esque game. I haven't played any of the AC games since Black Flag and Rogue. Used to be one of my favorite series but they seem to have abandoned the sci-fi aspects that made it interesting to me.

You could tell that Odyssey and to a lesser extent Origins was heavily influenced by Witcher 3. I'm all in on this
The Dog Lord
AG
Fenrir said:

The last two (Origins and Odyssey) have been compared more to the Witcher 3, but they still bring in bits of the overall story/timeline.
YouBet
AG
BTW, for some reason I own a hard copy of Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I have no idea how or why as I don't buy physical media but is it any good?

I just discovered it on my shelf.
jeffk
AG
I liked the setting and story.
jay040
I enjoyed it - the last of the traditional style assassins creed games. A fun grappling hook swing thing to use.
YouBet
AG
Good to know. Thanks!
YouBet
AG
Enjoying Syndicate and the setting with its Gangs of New York feel. Got a few hours in last night.
jeffk
AG
The Jack the Ripper stuff was pretty fun, I thought.
YouBet
AG
jeffk said:

The Jack the Ripper stuff was pretty fun, I thought.
That DLC looks intriguing and already thought about getting it. Considering the main game was free (I assume since I don't recall how I got it), I won't mind spending the $15 for it.
jeffk
AG
They put all the old DLC on sale pretty regularly too, so I would watch for a price drop in the next month or so.
KidDoc
AG
I played the first few AC's and loved them. The colonial one did not get me hooked and I basically gave up on the franchise at that point.

I LOVE viking culture. I will be playing this just to be a viking for a while!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fenrir
Black Flag was amazing. I still have Brotherhood as the best game in the series, but Black Flag is right there. It is probably the only game I've ever played that I never used fast travel if available.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Another for Black Flag being the best one.

Might just be that the Pirates are some of my favorite part of history.

This looks awesome though. I'm assuming there will be a lot of sea raiding.

Not sure how you tie in the Templar organization in as the bad guys though.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.