TV for outdoor kitchen setup

1,038 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieGunslinger
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are thinking of adding on an outdoor kitchen to our house. There will for sure be a TV out there so we can watch aggie football. It will be under roof. What style/type of TV do you recommend that doesn't have horrible glare and can be seen outside better than others? Also...a good soundbar I should look into?
tfunk02
AG
This site does the most in depth reviews. I always narrow it down to a set or two with them and then go through the AVSForums owner thread for those sets to see if there's anything else I can pick up that rting's didn't get.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/outdoor

Soundbar will depend on how much you want to spend. I know my boomer relatives LOVE the Sonos sound bars for their ease of use. If it's me I'm going to get some good stereo outdoor speakers.
ExPLK
AG
I have a TCL with a Sonos sound bar. TCLs are so cheap and full of functionality. Perfect for outdoors.
Al Bula
AG
I've had good luck with this setup:

swagfan
I used rtings as linked above and purchased this one based on that list: https://www.amazon.com/LG-55UM7300PUA-Alexa-Built-Ultra/dp/B07PSKH5RL/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2N4I6ZEAB5XE&dchild=1&keywords=lg+um7300&qid=1586442903&sprefix=lg+um%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-2

Have had it about 2 months. Works well and the picture quality is fine. I haven't noticed glare issues, your mileage will vary ofc depending on if sun hits it. Have a roku hooked up to it as well.

Went budget because, well its outdoors, so if it craps out due to environment, just buy another and on we go.
texag06ish
AG
I wound up with the same TV as the above poster. I bought it from Costco and added thier warranty (which pretty much covers everything). I also added a Yamaha sound bar (yas-108) because it doesn't have a sub. It's plenty loud for outside.

Finally I bought this cover off of amazon (Outdoor TV Cover (55"- 60"). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141K7O4Y?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share).

So far it's worked out really well.
StoutAg
AG
ExPLK said:

I have a TCL with a Sonos sound bar. TCLs are so cheap and full of functionality. Perfect for outdoors.
I second this.

I bought an Insignia for my first outdoor patio to watch football games and whatever else on. It lasted me for 7 years without a cover. I recently replaced it with the TCL. It was so cheap and so far so good. I just got my patio redone (way bigger with a bathroom and now a pool) and it looks great.

My friend was talking about getting an outdoor TV. I told him that for the cost of one outdoor TV you could replace a normal one once per year for 10 years and always get the newest features (smart TV, etc) that come out yearly. I only had to replace mine once so far. So for the initial $3000 TV, at this rate, it will take 70 years for me to spend more than the initial outdoor TV would've cost...
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

It will be under roof.
Just the overhang of the roof or under a roofed patio? With the Texas spring storms/wind, it will getting pretty wet if just under roof overhang. I have a roofed patio and 2nd or 3rd the Costco TCL with extended warranty. If the weather elements ever get to it, just bring it inside and call the warranty company in to replace it.
AggieGunslinger
AG
We had a cheap Vizio on a covered porch for 5 years, it was exposed to dust, pollen, humidity, wasps nest, multiple bird nests and never missed a beat. If it is far enough under the cover that water will never get to it then I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.