Paying via PayPal or Credit Card?

496 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DeLaHonta
Caesar4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which do folks prefer for online purchases, e.g. ebay, and why? I did a little searching and I haven't yet found a major reason to choose one over the other.
dodger02
AG
Flip a coin, IMO.

I use PayPal when buying from small mom & pop places. If I get screwed over, PP will handle getting my money back. I know it's the same with most credit card companies but I don't trust some places with my card info given the prevalence of identity theft.

I've had PayPal get my money back when a small online vendor didn't ship my product and it worked really well. I've also had AMEX take care of card fraud with one quick phone call, too. I have confidence in both.

saw em off
I pay via PayPal via credit card. The least number of times you enter your card number on sites, the better.
DeLaHonta
AG
saw em off said:

I pay via PayPal via credit card. The least number of times you enter your card number on sites, the better.
This is the correct answer. Use PayPal, Apple Pay, whatever to put some distance between you and your credit card number floating all over the place out there.

Make sure you turn on 2FA for PayPal or any other service, though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.