Music streaming - Heos

376 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jasomania
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any preferences on Heos music streaming? Amazon music is wonky because via the Heos app you can only play their curated lists, not your personal lists.

Want: ability to play personal lists; high quality streams.

I have noticed a difference in sound quality using spotify on my outdoor speakers via heos - some songs sound great, others will barely use the sub, etc. I've assumed its due to a crappy stream but haven't done tests b/w Amazon Unlimited, Spotify Premium, Deezer, etc.

that will happen this weekend but wanted opinions from anyone w/experience.

Thanks!
Jasomania
AG
From my usage Heos definitely works best with Spotify. It sometimes has issues but generally spotify is consistent and its pretty easy to beam music to single speakers or groups via spotify connect.

Amazon added a search function within the app that was a little more expanded than curated playlists but still lacks some music. You can also beam music to your heos speakers from the Amazon Music app like you would spotify connect. I've had mixed results but at times was able to play music outside the curated lists.

I've used tidal a couple of times but not enough to give any insight how it compares to the others.
Garrelli 5000
AG
thank you sir. we aren't using Heos wireless but a heos amp for some patio speakers and a heos link for other amplified speakers. I'm sure its the same experience though since ultimately heos is controlling the source distribution.
Garrelli 5000
AG
W/Spotify do you need a family plan to stream different songs/playlists to different zones simultaneously?
Jasomania
AG
Yes, each separate account can connect to any individual speaker or group at the same time. Meaning you can have one person listening to whatever they want in one room and another person listening to different music in another room both through spotify as long as they both have an account.

You can still use a free account on Spotify connect (which is what connects spofity to your speakers) but you'd be limited to what you can play and it would be on shuffle. To be honest i've had a premium account for a long time so i'm not sure what the restrictions are on the free account anymore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.