Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning

3,104 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Madmarttigan
WGann3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since I'm sure a ton of you are going to be stuck in your houses for a while like me, figured this would be worth a plug. Any former Warhammer Online - Age or Reckoning players out there? I was well aware of what it was, but was pretty caught up in WoW at the time and just never took the plunge. There's been a FREE private server going strong since the official servers were shut down back in 2013 and apparently some streamer brought a ton of attention to it recently. I don't follow the streaming community at all but it got some of my gaming buddies who'd played back in the day on the offficial servers back into it and they talked me into it. Have to admit, I'm having a blast. Heavy focus on PvP and RvR so just a heads up there, but there's always 2500+ players on. Link below if anyone needs a solid free MMO fix for something to do.

Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning
Madmarttigan
AG
Really liked this back in the day. I know it had balance issues but was really fun to level with pvp and world quests.
Woods Ag
AG
I'm pretty heavily into it for the past 8m. It's bad ass and brought back my love for MMOs

Played DAoC and WAR way back when.
WGann3
AG
I'm in my 30s now with a 2+ year old and another one on the way in May so my free time to game isn't what it was. But this seems to be quite a bit less demanding than some of the MMOs I played in the past. Between PvP/RvR, solo questing, and group questing I've always got something entertaining to do that doesn't require consecutive hours of my time. Crafting isn't overly time consuming either. I'm finding it really easy to play for an hour or two during the week and then hit it harder on the weekends, really enjoying it and kicking myself for ignoring it back in my gaming hayday.
Madmarttigan
AG
Is there a way to download this without doing a torrent or alternatively what is a safe torrent program to use haven't done it in years.
WGann3
AG
I think they took down the direct download links very recently, not sure why. Looked for them myself and struck out. I've personally always used utorrent and have never had any issues with it.
Woods Ag
AG
They just updated the direct download. It is now a more stable client than the torrent version
Madmarttigan
AG
Had a warrior priest on a boring server back in the day, then I refilled and had a blast on a zealot/choppa in a crowded server. Much more fun leveling up, how are the lower tiers for getting matches to pop?
Woods Ag
AG
Great. The populations is really good.

You just missed a 2x XP week where the pop soars for the lower lvls and you can be lvl 40 in a couple of days.
WGann3
AG
Yeah, I've been amazed at how alive and busy this server is. Got a level 25 Magus at the moment, starting to deal out some nice damage. Really glad I stumbled into this while on lockdown.
Madmarttigan
AG
Got a zealot going
WGann3
AG
Excellent! Welcome to the darkside... my in game name is Daeblana. Got to 26 last night.
Woods Ag
AG
Easter will probably bring another 2x event. Be good for getting you leveled up.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would add you as a friend but sadly I don't even know how lol
Woods Ag
AG
It's a 2x weekend this weekend. Ends tomorrow.

Log on, hit me up if you need anything.
-Frytan
WGann3
AG
A couple more of my gaming buddies were interested but really wanted to roll Order characters so I'm currently maining a good guy. Started a Shadow Warrior Friday and thanks to the 2x weekend already have him up to 24. My character names are below if anyone wants to add me.

28 Magus (Destruction) - Daeblana
24 Shadow Warrior (Order) - Phant
Woods Ag
AG
Nope. I thought we may be friends but you've revealed your true self. You're dead to me now.

Prepare to get wrecked on the battlefield.
Artorias
AG
My dad and I started playing. Rolled a Blackguard and a DoK to duo.

I played when the retail game came out a long time ago, but only ever got to like level 30 or so. Don't remember anything about it, really.

Character name is Muggsi. We usually play later evenings after wife and kids go to sleep.
WGann3
AG
Woods Ag said:

Nope. I thought we may be friends but you've revealed your true self. You're dead to me now.

Prepare to get wrecked on the battlefield.
Haha sorry to disappoint. I was a horde player in my WoW days so I'm used to being on that side of things so this is a bit new to me (never played Warhammer during live). I will say, I like the look of Altdorf a whole lot better than the Inevitable City.
Madmarttigan
AG
Added you guys but with a new baby not on as much as I would like, zealot is up to 24. Also on a tier 1 sorc.
Woods Ag
AG
I'm with you. Wife and I are trading off a 10m old between work meetings from the house.
WGann3
AG
I have a 2+ year old at home and our 2nd due in May plus the whole working from home thing so I'm trying to fit in some play time where I can. Definitely liking this Shadow Warrior quite a bit. Up to 29 on him so he has officially passed my Magus.
Madmarttigan
AG
I debated shadow warrior but people seem to talk about how bad they are so avoided it.
Woods Ag
AG
melee shadow warrior is the way to go, but anyone that plays order is squirrely.. so be glad you didn't go the way of WGann.
WGann3
AG
Woods Ag said:

melee shadow warrior is the way to go, but anyone that plays order is squirrely.. so be glad you didn't go the way of WGann.
Hey, I blame this on my squirrely real life friends. Enjoying my ranged Shadow Warrior a ton, but I barely know what I'm doing. Also helps that I've got my friends tanking and healing all the time for me.
Madmarttigan
AG
I do still enjoy it a lot but is a bit of a zerg fest on this server. Enjoy the battles being a little more small scale like 2-3 warbands instead of 10 lol.
Woods Ag
AG
You have to get in one of the organized WBs. If you're just joining PUGs they all just mindlessly run about following one another.

The SW is legit ranged too. They're an all around nasty class, as is white lion. Since City Sieges were implemented I've seen most of the SWs going melee in the cities.

City Sieges being implemented and everyone's focused on getting that Sovereign gear has led to more of the zerging siege fest you're seeing now. As the more dedicated, long term players get their Sov gear you'll see the game swing back to more roaming and oRvR gameplay.
Woods Ag
AG
I'm in Art of War guild. Most of them are EU/AU but we have a few dedicated US players too. We used to be much stronger than we are now, but many of us have been really busy the past few months with work/life and the team has suffered.

At this point, I don't really play the game anymore for the game. I spend most of my time talking **** and taking **** from guildies while waiting for city sieges.
WGann3
AG
Good to hear the SW is solid all around. One of my buddies is playing a White Lion and he just murders people. The game is fresh for me which makes it fun, but the social aspect has been what's kept me hooked. My real life buddies that are playing this with me have been who I game with for over a decade now and we come and go with random games. For whatever reason this has had all of us on our Discord almost nightly shooting the **** and playing together.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would like to join a guild its just with the baby I'm not very consistent or go afk so don't want to make people mad.
WGann3
AG
tv1113 said:

I would like to join a guild its just with the baby I'm not very consistent or go afk so don't want to make people mad.
Well if you want to be a scrub and roll Order, we're about as chill as they come. All of us between 30-35 and most with kids.
Captmorg70
What is your guild name? Recently started playing as well. Playing SW too. Lvl 29 atm. You going scout or skirmish line?
Woods Ag
AG
There are some hardcore guilds but this game is 12 years old. The folks that are playing it are just like us, so everyone understands. At least most do.

I can get you an invite to AoW, but we're falling apart at the moment.
Woods Ag
AG
WGann, I've got a 40 SM and a 13 WL. I may try to join you guys soon for a run or two.
WGann3
AG
Guild name is PTFO. I think our entire guild is literally the 6 of us who really know each other haha. But you guys are more than welcome to join and roll around with us.

I went Scout line up to about level 30 and just switched over to Skirmish and am LOVING it. Up to 33 regular rank and 30 Renown at the moment.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.