Prezi?

1,317 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Smokedraw01
SquareOne07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anybody use Prezi for presentations?

I'd love getting some thoughts on this...

crossposted on B&I
UmustBKidding
It was very popular a few years ago when my kids were in school. Was out of town and was called on to do a presentation with no notice. Kids said use prezi. I started creating an account an got to the point that said by using it you granted them free and non revocable rights to not only the presentation by any device or methods described within the presentation forever. I did the presentation on and easel with markers.
Doubt enforceable but was not about to find out, an may have changed.
Wildmen03
AG
Our communications department uses it when giving big presentations to large crowds. It's pretty slick when done right, but most people could rock PowerPoint and the average watcher wouldn't know the difference.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I had some classmates who liked using it in business school a couple years back. It did have a capacity for slick transitions you don't get on PowerPoint, but some folks way overdid it to the point of distraction.

Seems like more of a novelty than anything.
Thanks and gig'em
nai06
AG
Its great if you know what you are doing but it takes some time to get it right. The easiest thing is to snag a well done prezi, make a copy, and then substitute your information in.
The Dog Lord
AG
I've heard a lot of comments about people getting motion sickness from watching a Prezi. Most people just don't know how to do one well. I used it a few times, but good ol PowerPoint gives you more control, more customization, and is just easier to use.

The main thing for any presentation is to learn how to do one well. I've been complimented on several of my PowerPoints over the years so don't believe anyone who says that all PowerPoints are garbage. I spend a decent amount of time on them and create a lot of custom images and graphics in other programs as well.

I've also seen great presentations with little to no visual aids. It all depends on what you're doing and what purpose the presentation serves.
Saxsoon
AG
I remember a colleague in business school at mays using prezi 10 years ago. It was really tacky and frankly nauseating.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
fig96
AG
Used it at my last job for a trade show type display, but that was done by myself and a few other professional designers.

Your average presentation giver shouldn't animate anything more complex than a transition between slides.
texasaggie04
AG
The focus of any presentation should be you. Prezi can be fine, and it can be overdone to the point that people get moron sick. Any tool is fine, just don't let it distract from you.
LostInLA07
AG
A lot of PowerPoint presentations make me moron sick
texasaggie04
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Hahaha. Typing from phone. Fantastic autocorrect. I'm leaving it how it is.
Smokedraw01
texasaggie04 said:

LostInLA07 said:

Hahaha. Typing from phone. Fantastic autocorrect. I'm leaving it how it is.

I don't think it was an accident.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.