Tweets blocked on Texags

1,030 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ParkerAg
ParkerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cannot figure out why when someone posts a twitter link in a forum, my computer just shows it as blank....Pop ups are enabled and I even put Texags as an allowed site but I still do not get any links on the forums.

Thanks for any ideas.
HossAg
AG
I had the same issue, and my adblocker was set to block social media links. Try checking if you have something like that enabled. Turning off content blockers didn't fix it for me.
Tabasco
AG
If you use firefox in private mode, they won't show up unless you click the purple shield to the left of the address, and turn off "enhanced tracking protection."
fig96
AG
I've found it's just sort of sporadic, sometimes they load and sometimes they don't across multiple platforms. Haven't found any rhyme or reason to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Work filter?
aggieforester05
AG
I have the same problem in Brave. No work network, no vpn/proxy, and bone stock brave browser. Twitter content is enabled under social media blocking in settings. Other embedded sites like youtube show up fine. No problem on my phone but none of my computers will display tweets unless I copy the page and put it in edge. Super annoying!

Staff, can you help here?
DE4D
AG
DDG plugin for chrome has this result. oddly, can view twitter at work but not youtube, so youtube links or imgur already show up as empty space on posts. have to quote people to see the source.
aggieforester05
AG
I think I figured it out on my end. I use duck duck go for my primary search engine. If you right click on the little duck head in the upper right corner of your browser. Left click options and there is a switch for showing embedded tweets.
ParkerAg
AG
Thanks Forester, I use duck duck go also and that seemed to resolve it!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.