Disco Elysium

1,374 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YouBet
Exsurge Domine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any of y'all playing this game? One of the best and most engrossing I've ever played. Give it a look on steam when you get a moment. It's an absolute spellbinder
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I've been thinking of picking this one up for a month or two. I'll have to add it to my steam wishlist for next time it's on sale.
Thanks and gig'em
Exsurge Domine
Aggie_Journalist said:

I've been thinking of picking this one up for a month or two. I'll have to add it to my steam wishlist for next time it's on sale.

Literally cannot explain how off the wall awesome it is, it's perfect in that you can play it at work, since it's mostly text based, many easy places to pause it and work for a few hours and then pick it right back up
rhutton125
AG
Thanks for the recommendation. It's already on my list but you just bumped it up a notch or two. I've heard nothing but good things.
NavyAg22
Exsurge Domine
Lemme know what you guys think
3rd and 2
AG
I'm loving it so far
Exsurge Domine
Maroon Stormtrooper said:

I'm loving it so far

If I can give you just one small bit of non spoiler advice: do all the side quests, they're all so awesome
dragmagpuff
AG
I finished this last weekend. It's probably one of my favorite isometric RPGs since Planescape; Torment (that I played 4 years ago for the first time). I'm generally not a huge fan of the combat in these types of games and much prefer the story choices. I probably got a little too save scummy for several of the white checks that unlock content, but tried to play it honest the rest of the time.

Kim Kitsuragi is one of the best sidekicks in gaming. I refused to do anything to disappoint him.

I really liked how there is no "combat" in the game. It's a series of decisions and dice rolls to see what happens, just like the conversations.

I did think that the answers to the political prompts were a little extreme like: "MURDER THE DEGENERATE COMMIE STRIKERS", "BREAK OUT THE GUILLOTINE", and "I DON'T HAVE AN OPINION". I did think a lot of the other political discussions were much more nuanced, which made these stand out.

Some really memorable side quests. I won't spoil them here, but you should try to do as many as possible.

Exsurge Domine
TTT let's get some reviews
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Currently 20% off on GOG ($31.99)

I might make it my first game purchase of the year.

https://www.gog.com/game/disco_elysium?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20200306_nl_weekend_sale_EN&utm_term=EN&track_click=1&link_id=disco_elysium_game
Thanks and gig'em
YouBet
AG
In my queue. Looks awesome.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.