iOS 13 text editing...

1,371 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by tamusc
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just updated and wish I hadn't! What IDIOT at Apple decided to remove the magnifying glass text edit feature and why does that person still have a job? The new system if ****ing stupid as hell!

Yeah, old man yells at cloud
Bregxit
AG
agracer said:

Just updated and wish I hadn't! What IDIOT at Apple decided to remove the magnifying glass text edit feature and why does that person still have a job? The new system if ****ing stupid as hell!

Yeah, old man yells at cloud

Yep. I haaaaaaate it.
AgsWin2011
AG
Agreed. Not having that feature anymore really blows.
95_Aggie
AG
but new emojie! and slo-fies!
jtmoney03
AG
You can hold down the space bar and use it like a touch pad to move the cursor. Someone showed me that about a year ago and it was a game changer for me.
schwabbin
AG
Wow. Thank you sir. I feel old
Dro07
AG
Been like that since they introduced the pressure pad. Also you don't have to do the space bar. It can be anywhere on the key board.
CDub06
AG
It's only on the space bar if you have swipe enabled in the new update. Took me a while to figure that out
tamusc
AG
dromo07 said:

Been like that since they introduced the pressure pad. Also you don't have to do the space bar. It can be anywhere on the key board.

That's actually not true on the newer models since they ditched Force Touch on the iPhone 11. You can o my long press on the space bar to enable the cursor movement. If you have an older model with Force Touch, then yes, you can hard press elsewhere on the keyboard.
aTm2004
AG
jtmoney03 said:

You can hold down the space bar and use it like a touch pad to move the cursor. Someone showed me that about a year ago and it was a game changer for me.
Bregxit
AG
jtmoney03 said:

This is the most amazing tip ever! Gracias mi amigo!
Dro07
AG
well I'm a poor lulz so obviously I dont have the new 11. Thanks for the heads up though
agracer
AG
jtmoney03 said:

except that everyone's naturally going to start in the middle and as you scroll left/right you run out of touchpad surface area and have to start over again. They should have at least made it an option.

Tap the address bar above and you'll see what I mean. You cannot pan all the way to the end without running out of touchpad.
Aggietaco
AG
When you get to the edge of the screen the cursor keeps going in that direction indefinitely.
agracer
AG
Aggietaco said:

When you get to the edge of the screen the cursor keeps going in that direction indefinitely.
. Not mine
ExPLK
AG
Sorry to hi-jack thread but does anyone else have trouble with email? I attempt to forward messages and it frequently kills the text in body of email Im forwarding.

Also, text messages seem to disappear and reappear. Not just specific messages but the whole conversations.
hph6203
AG
agracer said:

Aggietaco said:

. Not mine

How often are you scrolling through text that is longer horizontally than your screen? Not often I'm guessing. It's better this way. If you do run into that scenario, you can tap and hold on the cursor and drag it indefinitely.

Way better.

https://jimmymacsupport.com/ios-13-makes-editing-text-easier/
tamusc
AG
ExPLK said:

Sorry to hi-jack thread but does anyone else have trouble with email? I attempt to forward messages and it frequently kills the text in body of email Im forwarding.

Also, text messages seem to disappear and reappear. Not just specific messages but the whole conversations.

I had so many issues with the Mail app that I finally ditched it and use the Outlook app now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.