Why is my POS work issue iPhone 8 battery draining so fast?

1,160 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's year old and sitting on my desk with zero use since 9 am. It's 340 pm and no application is running and the battery went from 100 to 70%. WTF?

My Droid I have been using is at 76%.

Not an android vs iPhone thread. What do I need to do to slow down the battery drain??
ABATTBQ11
AG
Quote:

iPhone 8

Found your problem
BusterAg
AG
It's your work installed monitoring applications on your phone draining your battery.
tk for tu juan
Is background app refresh on? Turn that off or at least turn it off for apps you do not need refreshed
AggieDruggist89
AG
BusterAg said:

It's your work installed monitoring applications on your phone draining your battery.

Good. I hope someone physically monitors it 24-7. It gets no use other than occasional hot spot. Really, I don't use it at all. It's a POS.
AggieDruggist89
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Is background app refresh on? Turn that off or at least turn it off for apps you do not need refreshed

I will try it once I figure it out. I literally have nothing running.
AG
Had a iphone 8 last month. It was a piece of ***** Similar battery life was only 1 of many problems. Happily switched back to a SE.
schwabbin
AG
Prob has location monitoring or something on. My work phone does the same. They're always watching you.
boboguitar
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

It's year old and sitting on my desk with zero use since 9 am. It's 340 pm and no application is running and the battery went from 100 to 70%. WTF?

Not an android vs iPhone thread. What do I need to do to slow down the battery drain??
Get a new battery
AtlAg05
AG
Did you recently upgrade iOS? That has killed batteries in the past.
AggieDruggist89
AG
boboguitar said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Get a new battery

Nah
AggieDruggist89
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Did you recently upgrade iOS? That has killed batteries in the past.

Yes
AggieBarstool
Have you looked at the "Battery" widget within the Settings app? It categorizes apps based on power consumption, allowing you to see results for a 24hr window or 10 days.
boboguitar
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

boboguitar said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Get a new battery

Nah

The battery degrades over time and the 8 is an old phone. Nothing you do is going to improve your battery short of replacing it.
boy09
AG
If you never use it and the battery is well above 50% at the end of the day, what's the problem?
exitone
AG
You can really save battery life by changing some of your settings (especially background refresh and location services as already mentioned), but another question is did it get really cold over the past week? If it gets exposed to pretty cold temps, that can hurt the battery life.
AggieDruggist89
AG
boy09 said:

If you never use it and the battery is well above 50% at the end of the day, what's the problem?

Because if I'm not using it, I expect it to discharge slower and to 90% and it drains enough where it shutss off at the end of the day.
AggieDruggist89
AG
boboguitar said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

boboguitar said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Get a new battery

Nah

The battery degrades over time and the 8 is an old phone. Nothing you do is going to improve your battery short of replacing it.

8 may be an old phone but my phone is one year old with 97% health battery. And absolutely not true about replacing the battery is the only option.

I on a whim just turned off the phone and turned it back on and now its back to the normal discharge rate and not draining.

So that was the answer... Just reboot
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.