Latitude v ThinkPad

802 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TMoney2007
slappy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for any thoughts y'all might have - currently running an old Dell E Series laptop at my office that won't upgrade to Win 10. So, I've been looking for a replacement. Was using Dell with their docks for commonality in the office, but now they stopped using the port on the bottom that connects so would have to buy a new dock as well. So that kind of opens the door to doing something different.

Fo reference, I've been looking at the 14" 5000 series or the T480 series.

Is there any collective thoughts about newer Dell Latitudes v ThinkPads?
eric76
AG
I have two thinkpads that I bought from Discount Electronics in Austin, [url]https://discountelectronics.com/[/url]. I haven't had any problems with either.

I think there are concerns about using Lenovo computers for anything involving National Security. As long as you aren't keeping state secrets on one or anything that the Chinese really want, you're probably okay.

Note that the first thing I did with both laptops was to upgrade the bios and then install Linux.
txyaloo
AG
Bought my first ThinkPad several years ago and it'll be my last. Have had to replace the keyboard 3 times, display twice, motherboard twice, battery, several AC adapters, etc. Their website and support are terrible.

I ran Dells for 15 years before this and never had this many failures.
GreasenUSA
AG
On my second Latitude 7000 series. Best laptops I've ever owned. Had a few Lenovos for work, which I thought were solid, but a little less user friendly than the Dells.
TMoney2007
AG
I've worked with Dells for a long time and I haven't had many issues.

Their service options are really good too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.