Where to Purchase a Gaming PC

2,165 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jay040
Alpine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where would you suggest buying a gaming PC? Just recently ordered one from Amazon and it was not new. You could tell someone opened it up from the bottom and the shipping label from who ever returned it was still on it I didn't even bother opening it. Along with some other recent purchases that were obviously used (kept anyway), I would just like somewhere I can rely on. Don't want to build.
YouBet
AG
I bought mine from Digital Storm and love it. I have the Slade Pro. Looks like they don't sell that model anymore though, or they have renamed it. Recommend them though.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Uh...build it yourself there sport.
saltydog13
AG
NZXT is pretty good for the pre built route from what I've researched
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Ok ok...here's a softball.

https://www.ibuypower.com/Signature/Snowblind
Not a Bot
AG
2nd going with the NZXT
permabull
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Why not build?

- Cheaper
- You can spec exactly how you want
- Opportunity to learn (it's not hard anyways)
tamusc
AG
If you don't want to build it yourself, NZXT BLD is not a bad option. It's only $50 more than if you bought the same parts (usually) and built it yourself, plus you get a nice warranty on everything.
tamusc
AG
YouBet said:

I bought mine from Digital Storm and love it. I have the Slade Pro. Looks like they don't sell that model anymore though, or they have renamed it. Recommend them though.

Digital Storm, Maingear, and the other top tier custom PC builders do excellent work and have great warranties (usually). You definitely pay way more than what the same system would cost to build it yourself though.
Alpine
AG
From what I've seen just quickly looking online and using pcpartpicker prices are very similar. The only thing I see different is prebuilt motherboards are maybe not as good.
tamusc
AG
Alpine said:

From what I've seen just quickly looking online and using pcpartpicker prices are very similar. The only thing I see different is prebuilt motherboards are maybe not as good.

Most of them do save money on components by going with cheaper models. Some even use semi-custom models, though the good ones don't use proprietary connectors like Dell or HP tend to do. Some of them allow upgrades to higher end components, but you pay for that, which increases the price differential even more.
Vade281
AG
Microcenters PowerSpec isn't a bad prebuild.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
saltydog13
AG
Is it necessary or recommended to purchase Windows when building a new computer yourself?
Vade281
AG
Yup unless you have a serial key thats not being used.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Tomdoss92
AG
tamusc said:

If you don't want to build it yourself, NZXT BLD is not a bad option. It's only $50 more than if you bought the same parts (usually) and built it yourself, plus you get a nice warranty on everything.
plus they look cool. built mine.

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
RGBs have been proven to increase speed and cool factor! True story.
jay040
www.ibuypower.com have used them since 2002
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.