Need to replace my PS3 (primarily for BR)

876 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
java94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My launch PS3 has always been my primary BR player, and very occasional game play, maybe 2-3 times a year. But lately it doesn't always load discs... I need to replace it, but not sure if I should get a PS4, wait for the PS5, or just get a standalone cheapo BR player...

I chose the PS3 originally because it was the "best" BR player at the time, with excellent video quality and load time. Those features remain important to me.

My video game library is very small, and most commonly played are LEGO titles with my daughter that I doubt will be re-released on the newer consoles.

Which direction should I go? I don't mind paying a little more for a console, considering the PS3 has lasted me over 13 years.

TIA
Max Power
AG
Love my PS4, lots of great games out there, play it way more than I ever played my PS3. Games are cheap too if you wait years to buy them like I do.
Eliminatus
AG
Do you mean it won't load the discs physically into the machine or load the data from them once in?

Both are common problems and the two main culprits for both have very easy fixes if ya wanna try your hand at it instead of getting a brand new machine if all you use it for is BR.

YouTube is your friend in this case.
mazag08
AG
Mine crapped out last year. A game would load up and then freeze in the menu. Every game did the same thing. I changed out the hard drive and same problem. I'm guessing it's the lens or some hardware issue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.