Iphone parental control question

1,333 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by H-town ag
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife now has an iPhone which we thought would make parental control of daughters phone simpler / better.

Is there a way to turn off her phone so that all she can do is call or text allowed contacts?
PincheDriller
AG
Yes enable screen time while creating a family account. It allows you to limit device usage, and on the latest release of iOS you can limit who they can contact during the limited time (ie only you and the wife).
Absolute
AG
Thanks.

How does the kid get to those contacts? On her phone it did not seem to want to allow it.
PincheDriller
AG
I will have to post my setup with screenshots but fairly easy. Only requirements is your kid be listed as a child and your spouse as parent in the family account. Then you can setup Apple screen time. Guide from Apple below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208982
Post removed:
by user
PincheDriller
AG
There is no app for parental control that I like it's more like setting up things thru Apple . My conversation is more of one inspiring trust with my kids, I get to ask for phone at random and If I find anything that is against our rules beyond the current limitations then we have a problem and more controls go up
H-town ag
AG
We have been using screen time, mainly to limit the amount of time on social media for kids. Currently there are so many bugs in the latest update with the "one more minute " hack, where they basically can ask for one more minute forever.

Are there any other good solutions for managing time for apps besides screen time? AT&T has some program for $7.99 a month, but that is a little pricey.
Vernada
AG
how does that hack work? We've JUST started using this, but when requested, I get a pop-up to approve.
H-town ag
AG
We have multiple devices. Some work properly, some do not. If you Google "Screen time one more minute" there are several discussions, complaints by parents, etc. The flaw on some devices is they can continue to ask for one more minute and it never informs the parent. I can limit the app to 30 mins per day, but when I check the usage it shows in excess of the 30 mins. My kids will even show me how it does not work. it used to work fine, but not now. I have updated all phones and tried many other suggestions, but there are still a flaw on some of the devices.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.