What to do w/ old Xbox 360 and Apple products?

1,212 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Red Rover
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Title pretty much says it, but I'll be moving somewhat soon and I have an Xbox 360 that's just sat in my entertainment center collecting dust as I have had an Xbox One for years now. What do I do with that thing? It's controllers and its games?

Same thing for apple products. I have an old MacBook Pro that's barely functional and two or three iPhones sitting in drawers. What do I do with this crap?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
fig96
AG
You can trade in most things for at least some value, though the really old or barely functioning stuff may not be worth much.

Apple and Amazon both do really convenient trade ins and you can see about how much you're getting before you trade it in. Not sure if they do game systems but you can look.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Not sure if you have any privacy concerns about data on the phones, but most shredding companies have documented destruction services for phones.
texsn95
AG
Wonder if you could donate it, maybe to kid's mission or charity. Something

https://gamechangercharity.org/howyoucanhelp/
The Fife
360 slim? Might be interested. Same for the MacBook depending on model. The motherboard crapped out on mine a while back and I haven't fixed it yet.
BenFiasco14
AG
No, it's the old bulky model I'm pretty sure, but can double check.

MacBook Pro is a 15", forget the exact model. I got it in like 2013.

Thanks for the pointers so far everyone.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Raptor
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Title pretty much says it, but I'll be moving somewhat soon and I have an Xbox 360 that's just sat in my entertainment center collecting dust as I have had an Xbox One for years now. What do I do with that thing? It's controllers and its games?

Same thing for apple products. I have an old MacBook Pro that's barely functional and two or three iPhones sitting in drawers. What do I do with this crap?
Our photography club at my middle school could use the iphones, if you are just looking to dump them somewhere.

We use them for the students to take pics (most of our kids don't have a true DSLR or point and shoot digital camera). Not all of our kids have smart phones. These don't leave our school and are only used in airplane mode.

My email is RaptorTexags at gmail.com
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

LOYAL AG
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

If you're gonna recycle it or destroy it...make sure you pull the drive or wipe it with a magnet or something. I'm sure there's some personal data saved on it that would be fun to get a hold of.
The Fife
BenFiasco14 said:

Parts would definitely work for mine. No need for the HD, I have spares. I can get you my contact info if you're interested in selling.

xBox... I need to look into which of the larger models aren't prone to RROD, but I've been interested in picking one up to try and mod it. Slims normally sell for about $40 at a local thrift store with controllers included and I should've picked one up this summer. It's been kind of a dry spell lately.
Caesar4
AG
Saw this on the Gazelle site:

Quote:

The highest form of recycling is reuse...
If that's not possible, here are options that Gazelle mentions:
AggieBarstool
What iPhone models?
hph6203
AG
Why are you going to go to the trouble of destroying a hard drive when you can just thoroughly format it? The kind of people that are stealing your identity are not going to go through the process of data recovery just on the off chance you've saved your tax transcripts on your old computer.

They can skim credit cards, sniff packets at the local coffee shop, steal your mail, all sorts of things that are way easier than restoring an old hard drive. If you really want to you can just pull the hard drive, but that's mostly unnecessary unless you're carrying around government/proprietary secrets. Pictures of your cats aren't gonna cut it.
PatAg
AG
Make sure you wipe any personal information you might have on both.
Ajollyag
360 come with controllers, cables, etc? May be interested... have ncaa football game from college that i cant play bc i used a roommates 360
Pman17
AG
The 360 probably isn't worth anything. I would just take it Best Buy Returns for recycling.
For iPhones and Mac, take them to Apple or send them. You may get Apple gift cards for them. If the device is too outdated they'll take them in anyways to recycle.
https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in?afid=p238%7CsVobvWgai-dm_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_382066772864_pgrid_80259604234_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-brand--slid---product-
Red Rover
AG
If you've got halo I'd take the system and games for a reasonable price if you're in DFW.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.