Surface Book 2

665 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MGS
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been looking for a new laptop and I really like the 2 in 1s. I currently have an older 13 in HP spectre. I really like it but the fans required to cool it are pretty loud and one has eventually stopped working. So, ive been kicking around the idea of a Surface book 2

Anyone have any experience with these especially compared to the regular surface pro?
aggietoombs01
I love mine, but the screen cracked early on, and I hear that is a common problem. The keyboard is great and I find myself using the trackpad more than my mouse. It's powerful enough for most games, but it doesn't come with either display port or HDMI output. This has been the most glaring inconvenience. The Microsoft Docking station has been hit or miss as well, sometimes it will charge the laptop, sometimes it won't.

I also don't use the touch display or the pen, but I've heard good things for people using it for engineering.

Overall, it's fast and does what I need it to do.
fig96
AG
Quote:

but it doesn't come with either display port or HDMI output
Yikes, really? That seems like a pretty massive oversight for any sort of pro intended laptop.
MGS
I think Microsoft's phasing out the Surface Book now that they have the Surface Laptop. If you really want a 2-in-1 and don't want another HP Spectre, take a look at the new Dell XPS 2-in-1, it got a huge upgrade this year.
mts6175
AG
MGS said:

I think Microsoft's phasing out the Surface Book now that they have the Surface Laptop. If you really want a 2-in-1 and don't want another HP Spectre, take a look at the new Dell XPS 2-in-1, it got a huge upgrade this year.
They just released brand new versions. One of which they designed their own processor with Qualcomm on. Doubt it's going anywhere.
MGS
mts6175 said:

MGS said:

They just released brand new versions. One of which they designed their own processor with Qualcomm on. Doubt it's going anywhere.
That's the Surface Pro. The Surface Book was last updated in 2017.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.