Quality arcade cabinets

1,110 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by trueaggie2782
ExPLK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife said we can get an arcade game in the game room. I would like to build an arcade with multiple games instead of just purchasing a single game.

I can likely take care of the insides (electronics, TV, etc) myself but can't invest the days it would take to build the cabinet. I am looking for a cabinet with four controllers and a trackball (for golden tee).

Does anyone have any suggestions on reputable companies that sell quality cabinets?
91_Aggie
AG
There's a bunch of 3/4 arcade cabinets that are being sold that have lots of buttons and controllers already.
And plenty "google search" ready plans for you to convert it to MAME/Raspberry Pi system to play every freaking game ever made, plus lots Amazonable parts for extra joysticks/trackballs/buttons etc.

It's a hobby thing these days with plenty of kits to make a cabinet to have the same controls that all original arcade games had.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ExPLK
AG
No price range. I really just don't want to build it from scratch. I don't mind putting together the pieces to build the cabinet but don't really want to go through the hassle to make measurements and cuts.

I've found a few pre-built ones with everything ready to go but I think I'm leaning more towards purchasing a cabinet (and deck) and doing the rest myself. I don't mind buying a TV and computer, installing hyper spin and the games to make it all work.

I am just starting to dig in. I would rather spend the extra money and get something nice my family will enjoy versus going cheap now found a LED marquee that you can customize which looked pretty cool.

I also have decided to buy a 4 person board with a trackball and single 4-way controller. If I can find a deck with a spinner, that's an added bonus. I'll also purchase a few light guns to play the shoot 'em up games.

Thanks for the resources.
trueaggie2782
AG
This was one of my favorite playlists from YouTube. A bit lengthy but neat to see.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJtitKU0CAehQ6kWmgInz-VznOcL1PD8w
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.