The Last of Us: Part II

17,758 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
Chase McGuire
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Hype.
texagbeliever
I know the single player is the main feature, but I loved playing multiplayer. When you have a game where it is just you and they have 4 extra lives and you come back and kill them all. Real suspense to the games.
johnnyblaze36
AG
jokershady
AG
Fenrir
I don't know how many hours I put into the MP but it's easily a top 3 for me in those terms.

The PS3 servers just shut down recently unfortunately and I'm having a hard time adjusting to button schemes of other games.
Chase McGuire
TLOU: Remastered will be free on PS+ soon for anyone looking to get caught up before Part II.
johnnyblaze36
AG
The Ellie Edition looks pretty amazing equipped with a vinyl of the original soundtrack, backpack, figurine, and other items.

edit: Looks like it already sold out everywhere at $229. That sucks.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/25/the-last-of-us-part-ii-release-date-collectors-edition

YouBet
AG
Know nothing about this. Living room of that cabin she entered looked badass
Chase McGuire
Can't recommend the first game enough. It's one of the best. Part II looks phenomenal, as well.
wangus12
AG
Gonna finally have to buy a PS4. Naughty Dog continues to be one of the best game developers in my book.
johnnyblaze36
AG
YouBet said:

It's the greatest game ever made imo (other than Rocket League...but that's a different story).

Got Last of Us remastered for thirteen bucks for PS4 on ebay a couple years ago. Working on defeating the clickers for a third time now (yes, I have lots of time on my hands).

Seriously-check it out YouBet. Best story, best characters, best soundtrack, best everything.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
hooooooooooooooOOOOOMoommmmmgggggggggg.
jm94
AG
Might be one of the rare games I pay for near release.
bluefire579
AG
So excited. Glad there's finally a release date to look forward to.
YouBet
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

YouBet said:

It's the greatest game ever made imo (other than Rocket League...but that's a different story).

Got Last of Us remastered for thirteen bucks for PS4 on ebay a couple years ago. Working on defeating the clickers for a third time now (yes, I have lots of time on my hands).

Seriously-check it out YouBet. Best story, best characters, best soundtrack, best everything.

Well, so that means I'm buying yet another piece of equipment. Just bought a new Xbox One X.
jokershady
AG
Original was amazing. For me in terms of story and characters it's TLOU and RDR2 that constantly battle for 1 and 2 all time.

I feel the depth and interactions of characters has RDR2 win that.....but when looking at pure emotion and intensity of the protagonists has TLOU winning.

And when you get down to it, you care for these 2 characters so much through the first game that you get sucked in big time.

Might have to replay it just cause....
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I replayed it about a month ago and it has held up so well. Can still finish it and less than 15 hours easy.
Chase McGuire

Developer interview with some fairly non-spoilery gameplay.
Fenrir
So TLOU 2 won't have built in MP...which is disappointing. They're working on something MP related but sounds like it might be standalone? Not sure, but the MP was amazing and I hope they don't do something stupid that would cause it to struggle to maintain sufficient players.
Chase McGuire
Maybe they'll sell the multiplayer as a standalone expansion near the launch of PS5 or something like that. I'm happy they're focusing on the campaign because I'm a single-player guy, but Factions was excellent in TLOU so I hope whatever they do ends up living up to that.
Fenrir
Just have a concern that by separating it from TLOU2 that the potential player base has been shrunk. TLOU has a pretty loyal following, just concerned that it may not have a large enough player base to sustain itself as a standalone title especially considering you're relying completely on people wanting the MP as opposed to people finding that the SP game they love has a MP component and trying it out.

I'll still get the SP and almost guarantee I'll get the MP...just hope it can maintain its life as long as the first Factions has.
Chase McGuire
Delayed until May 29, 2020.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-comes-to-ps4-in-may/
nomad2007
AG
Chase McGuire said:

Delayed until May 29, 2020.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-comes-to-ps4-in-may/

No! That's not true! It's impossible!
jokershady
AG
Gives me more time to pace myself playing Death Stranding
Average Joe
AG
jokershady said:

I have a feeling that game is going to be absolutely terrible.
nomad2007
AG
Average Joe said:

jokershady said:

I have a feeling that game is going to be absolutely terrible.

I preordered it and I think I'm going to temper my excitement. The only gameplay they've shown looked very bland to me, though I'm more excited about the story that Kojima can create.
hph6203
AG
Reviews are out. Pretty universal praise.
Halibut
AG
I've seen some reviews that criticize the storytelling (and naughty dog's style as a whole). And to a certain degree, I totally understand those criticisms. But I'm going to buy and play this anyway. TLoU had some of the same issues, and it's still one of the best games I've ever played.
cr0wbar
AG
Halibut said:

I've seen some reviews that criticize the storytelling (and naughty dog's style as a whole). And to a certain degree, I totally understand those criticisms. But I'm going to buy and play this anyway. TLoU had some of the same issues, and it's still one of the best games I've ever played.
lol, don't get me wrong. Some critics could come out and say this was the worst game of all time and I'd still play it. Naughty Dog gets a pass from me always
Saxsoon
AG
Halibut said:

Even some of the staff and ND felt uncomfortable with the story/how gory/graphic the game was. Of course some are not going to resonate. I also think some can't separate from reality and are depressed about a game about a pandemic.
Tabasco
AG
for those interested, here is the list of reviews (tl;dr almost everyone gives it 10/10)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/h7ftc2/the_last_of_us_part_ii_review_thread/

Also, if anyone does not know, the game drops Thursday at 11pm (Central time). Pre-downloading for preorders started yesterday. 76Gig.

Already planning my schedule around it an getting caught up on work so I can go in relatively stress-free (heard it was about 30 hours... I don't race through stuff and tend to over-grind by searching everything. I read a review that that part is in Seattle, and you can go into every store/building. I will probably log 100 hours on this with my OCD savaging.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Pulled the trigger on the preorder after watching this review.
cgarcia258
Anyone else extremely hyped???
bbattbq01
AG
This guy is!
cr0wbar
AG
Got my download queued up and ready to go

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.