PSVUE is not loading, anyone else having problems?

868 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ronyaria
ecoag80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone having trouble with their psvue streaming service loading? I run Roku and have disconnected it in an effort to reboot. Also, have checked for updates, I'm current, went online to double check that payment info is current, and reviewed psvue troubleshooting online. So far no luck. Any suggestions?
Icecream_Ag
S
I saw psn was having issues the last couple days. Make sure it's not down.
taxpreparer
AG
There forum has a thread about this. They pushed an update in early Sept. that is not playing well with Roku. We have had trouble with the local channels crashing at the scheduled end of a show. Tech support says to uninstall PSVUE, unplug the power to your E Roku device for thirty seconds and then reinstall (and reactivate) PSVUE. Some are reporting success, but it did not work for us. Apparently, this is not happening on other streaming devices (like Firestick.)

It is annoying and plays havoc when a football game goes past the scheduled end.

PSVUE is supposdly worling on the problem bit does not really respond to comments.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Icecream_Ag
S
I've never really had issues with Vue, but they seem to be on the wrong end of channel package negotiations a lot.

I need to look at other options, but I'm gonna wait for football season to be over just to be safe
IDAg10
AG
I've been having problems with mine for the last two weeks but on a 4k Fire stick. Switching over to YouTube TV.
chjoak
AG
On FireTV, I've had some buffering issues off and on for months. Watching a show and it just pauses. If it doesn't come back right away I can change the channel and go back and all is good except I missed a few seconds of whatever I was watching. Only an issue on live. DVR'ed shows have no issues. Last couple weeks I have been seeing the show skipping forward or backward a few seconds randomly. Skip back typically happens within 2-5 seconds of changing to a new channel. Skip forward is usually when I have been watching the same channel for a long time (football game). Minor annoyances but enough for me to be looking forward to YoutubeTV to release on FireTV so I can try it out.
IDAg10
AG
I just signed up for a free three week trial with YouTube TV and you can get YouTube TV on your firestick today. Here is a video I used to set it up:

Not officially supported but I haven't run into any issue with it yet. The only minor thing was I had to use 1080p alt channel for each of my three firesticks.
taxpreparer
AG
Do you get B/CS local channels with YouTube TV?
AgsWin2011
AG
taxpreparer said:

Do you get B/CS local channels with YouTube TV?

Yes you do, all locals including abc, nbc, cbs, and fox.

Ive had PS Vue, DirecTV Now, and YouTube TV. YTTV is leaps and bounds above all the streaming services and it's not even close.
taxpreparer
AG
Thanks
Ronyaria
IDAg10 said:

I just signed up for a free three week trial with YouTube TV and you can get YouTube TV on your firestick today. Here is a video I used to set it up:

Not officially supported but I haven't run into any issue with it yet. The only minor thing was I had to use 1080p alt channel for each of my three firesticks.
Yes, I just got it too. Firestick really works well for me, such a great device. You can also install any of those cool apps from https://www.firesticktricks.com/amazon-fire-stick-apps.html for example and get much more content easily. I think you will like it a lot, good luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.