Apple iPhone Event 2019

22,181 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phat32
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's time for the new iPhone.

Predictions

For Sure
-iOS 13
-Apple Watch Series 5 (Ceramic and Titanium Added)
-iPhone 11 (XR)
-iPhone 11 Pro (XS)
-iPhone 11 Pro Max (XS Max)

Possibly
-Tile Competitor Accessories to go with iOS 13 Find My... App
-iPhone SE (iPhone 7)
-Apple Arcade
-Apple TV+ Stuff
-Apple TV 5
-Air Pods 3
-Price Increases anticipating Tariffs

Reality
-Apple Arcade Launch Sept. 19......$4.99/mo Family Subscription
-Apple TV+ Launch Nov. 1......$4.99/mo Family Subscription, 1 Year with iDevice Purchase
-iPad 7 (Entry Model): 10.2" Retina Display, A10, Smart Connector, 100% Recycled Aluminum, $329 Sept 30
-Apple Research App: Allows Users to Volunteer Data for Health Research with Apple Watch
-Apple Watch Series 5: ALWAYS ON DISPLAY, 18 Hr Battery, Compass, Int'l Emg Calling, 100% Recycled Aluminum, Titanium/Ceramic/Black Stainless, $399 Wifi $499 Cellular. Series 3 $199
-iPhone 11: Purple, White, Green, Yellow, Gold, Black, and Red, 2 Cameras (Wide/UltraWide 12MP, Portrait with Pets, Night Mode, Cinematic Stabilization), Still LCD, Dolby Atmos, Front Camera 12MP/4K60/SlowMo, A13 Bionic, 1hr more Battery than XR, Wi-Fi 6, $699
-Phone 11 Pro: Stainless Midnight Green/Space Gray/Silver/Gold, 3 Cameras(12MP Wide Camera, Telephoto Camera, Ultra Wide Camera), Super Retina XDR (OLED), 4 hrs longer on Pro and 5 hours longer on Pro Max, Fast Charger Included, $999 for Pro, $1099 for Pro Max

Pre-Orders:
Apple Watch Series 5...........NOW, Sept 10th
7th Gen iPad.........................NOW, Sept 10th
iPhone 11 & Pros.................Sept 13th @7AM CDT (No More Staying up till 2 AM)

Release:
Apple Watch Series 5...........Sept 20th
7th Gen iPad.........................Sept 30th
iPhones..................................Sept 20th
iOS 13.....................................Sept 19th
iOS 13.1..................................Sept 30th
iPadOS 13.1...........................Sept 30th (Skipped 13)

October Event
-iPad Pro
-AirPods 3?
-MacBook Pro 16" (Back to Scissor Keyboards)
-Catalina Launch
-Mac Pro Launch
lobwedgephil
I hope the MacBook Pro is today, looks like entry level iPad will be today. Might not be a series 5 watch, just new models with ceramic and titanium. Guess we will see.
Pman17
AG
Stream now live
CWIsom
https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/10/apple-2019-iphone-11-event-liveblog/
Pman17
AG
Yea, the Apple Watch I could see them calling it Series 5, but nothing that pops out other than the new material choices.

I doubt the MacBook Pro.
Pman17
AG
For those at work
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/09/10/live-2019-iphone-event/
k20dub
Pman17
AG
Oh wow, Apple TV+ $4.99/mo
1 Year Free if you Buy an iDevice
Pman17
AG
Wow, Series 5 is an always On display. Game Changer
With 18 hours battery life
Pman17
AG
Slofies
k20dub
AG
That camera is a big improvement
ORAggieFan
Pman17 said:

So now I'd need to charge it every night instead of every other....
Charpie
AG
here...take my money
CFTXAG10
AG
Pman17
AG
Takeaways from the new iPhone 11... just a better camera with a extra wide lens and low light cameras
waiting for the 5G iPhone next year
CoppellAg93
AG
Pman17 said:

All ready to buy one of these - thanks for the reminder. I knew there was a reason I was going to wait until next year.
hph6203
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Pman17 said:

So now I'd need to charge it every night instead of every other....
It's the same battery life rating as the Series 4. In other words if you use the Apple Watch at a rate that allows you to charge once every 36 hours, then you're going to get the same life out of the new one. THey crank down the refresh rate of the display and dim the screen to reduce battery usage. It's like an e-ink OLED display.
AgfromHOU
AG
I'm going to get the 11 to lower my monthly phone payment. Nothing to get excited about and the camera housing looks so stupid.
BEaggie08
AG
These were really boring improvements. I feel like they were just going through the motions this year.
3rdGen2015
AG
Big meh from me. For those of you on the Upgrade Program, what are you going to do? I'm thinking I'm just going to stick with my XS until next year, but will that screw with the Upgrade Program?
rynning
AG
Well they improved the XR in every way and lowered the price by $50. Not bad.
Charpie
AG
I'll be getting a watch and 2 iphone 11 Pro Max. Yes I'm a brat. And I will because I can.
bigbass1170
AG
Want to wait on the 5G phone, but I don't think my 6s is going to last much longer.
fig96
AG
Nice to see some more accessible pricing for the phones with a bigger range, $699 for the 11 is a great deal. Not sure how the Pro will sell, that will be interesting to see.

Also super competitive pricing for Apple Arcade at 4.99 for the Family Plan, I was kinda of intrigued but at that price it's tough to pass up. And I've been thinking about a new iPad soon anyway so I'll give AppleTV+ a shot for free for a year
Picard
AG
rynning said:

Well they improved the XR in every way and lowered the price by $50. Not bad.

Nailed it!

WoMD
Huge bump across the board on my 6S. It's still going strong, if it had a larger hard drive I could probably get another few years out of it. Otherwise there'd be no reason to upgrade. Sadly i can't even update the operating system software since there's not enough space for that, and cruising on last year's software can only go so far...

So it looks like an 11 Pro for me with the largest drive to try to get through 2025.
khkman22
AG
I only halfway paid attention to the presentation. I thought the 11 had 2x optical zoom, but looking on the website, it says 2x optical zoom out. So do they go about it backwards basically and have it zoomed all the way in to start instead of zoomed out to start like a normal camera? I mean, if I take a picture with my iPhone 6 and a 2x zoomed out on the 11, would it be the same image?
Pman17
AG
Holding on to my X for another year.

Things to look-out for in the 2020 iPhone.

-5G Connectivity: LTE slow or have connection issues? Yea everyone's on it. 5G should be nice for a few years. I remembered when I was at an Aggie Football game when the first LTE iPhone 5 came out. I was the only few in the Senior section that could send texts and surf Facebook.

-Under Screen TouchID: It's been rumored for years, but a lot of phones have it to where Apple can perfect that technology

-USB-C: One Charger to Rule them All! The MacBook Air, Pro, and iPad Pro got it. Now it's time for the iPhone. Lightning is slow in data transfer. Apple was holding on to lightning for the customers like they did with the 30 pin. Everyone hates the transition but it'll be the best as all of your electronics will be charged by one cable and brick. This idea will push phone companies to stop including chargers in the box in 5 years, saving the planet.

-3D Sensing Rear Camera: The Galaxy S10+ Note is the first to have it, but basically you can scan real world objects into 3D Renders.

-Notchless: Kind of like the Galaxy Note 10 hole punch
Pman17
AG
khkman22 said:

I only halfway paid attention to the presentation. I thought the 11 had 2x optical zoom, but looking on the website, it says 2x optical zoom out. So do they go about it backwards basically and have it zoomed all the way in to start instead of zoomed out to start like a normal camera? I mean, if I take a picture with my iPhone 6 and a 2x zoomed out on the 11, would it be the same image?
They're talking about the Ultra Wide Camera (2nd Camera). 2X wider so 2X zoom-out. There will be no Telephoto 2X Zoom-In camera on the iPhone 11.
khkman22
AG
Pman17 said:

Takeaways from the new iPhone 11... just a better camera with a extra wide lens and low light cameras
Me too...oh wait, my 8 Mb Cricket download speeds probably won't let me take advantage of that.
khkman22
AG
Pman17 said:

khkman22 said:

They're talking about the Ultra Wide Camera (2nd Camera). 2X wider so 2X zoom-out. There will be no Telephoto 2X Zoom-In camera on the iPhone 11.
That's pretty stupid. I would imagine more people have a need to zoom in than zoom out. I was listening to it while driving when they were on the Pro presentation and I thought they said 4x optical zoom, but that's not really true if that one is 2x zoom in and 2x zoom out, unless I heard them wrong.
Pman17
AG
khkman22 said:

Pman17 said:

khkman22 said:

That's pretty stupid. I would imagine more people have a need to zoom in than zoom out. I was listening to it while driving when they were on the Pro presentation and I thought they said 4x optical zoom, but that's not really true if that one is 2x zoom in and 2x zoom out, unless I heard them wrong.
Sorta, 4X optical zoom if your start from the Ultra Wide.

0.5x......new Ultra Wide Camera
1x.........Wide (Normal Camera)
2x.........Telephoto Camera
Pman17
AG
Apple changed it's Pre-Order tradition.

The Apple Watch can be Pre-Ordered NOW!

The iPhone Pre-Order Time has been moved from 12AM PDT to 5AM PDT and that is this Friday.
WES2006AG
AG
I'm on the Apple Upgrade plan but I am going to hold on to my XS Max for another year. Not worth trading in and extending another year of payments for such an incremental upgrade.
Charpie
AG
Already ordered the watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.