PS4 Game Reqs

1,275 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last couple of years I've been blowing through a good bit of open world type games. Currently have my backlog all finished up and looking for a few more options to add to the queue. Prefer atleast somewhat what open world. I don't mind the side quests as long as they don't become tedious and boring. Stealth is a plus but not a must. Below is the list of games I have completed in last few years that I really liked.

GTA 5
Far Cry 4
Far Cry 5
Witcher 3
Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs 2
Shadows of Mordor
Shadows of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Fallout 4
Skyrim
Uncharted 4
Last of Us Remastered

Based on the little research I have done, I'm leaning towards...

Gods of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Far Cry Primal
Far Cry New Dawn
Assassins Creed (not sure which)

Any ideas/suggestions?
Prime0882
AG
Borderlands 3 comes out this Friday. That should be a good one!
Vade281
AG
Spiderman!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
chjoak said:

Gods of War
This one.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
If you want fast-paced, open-world type game, get Spider-Man (most fun I've had in a long time).
If you want a much slower-paced game, go with Red Dead 2 (still playing through it and trying to 100% all of the side missions).

I haven't played God of War myself, but I hear everywhere that it's amazing. I will have to give it a shot once I complete my other games.
jokershady
AG
RDR2 has by far been the best story within a game I've ever played. I put at least 100 hrs into that game, with part of the reason being I never wanted to use "fast travel" in the game cause I knew there'd be interactions in the game I'd miss if I did that
Chase McGuire
Bloodborne
God of War
Spiderman
TriumphForks
AG
Not technically open world but I can't recommend Bloodborne highly enough.
Bmac04
AG
God of war
FL_Ag1998
AG
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands
bbattbq01
AG
God of War is awesome, especially if you've played previous games... but they aren't required
AC: Odyssey is really good

I'm currently addicted to Monster Hunter world, expansion just released for it with new monsters.
spag.ag2003
AG
Bloodborne
Not a Bot
AG
Spider-Man, God of War, and RDR2 are all fantastic.
jay040
I started to play AC: Odyssey, and just didn't have the time. It almost felt like a chore to play. I traded it in and got Spiderman and am really enjoying it. You can play for 15-20 minutes or several hours and still have a good time with it.
rhutton125
AG
Metal Gear Solid 5: the Phantom Pain. The story ends abruptly, which still pisses me off as a MGS fan, but the gameplay was damn near perfect.

If you want to stealth around and have 50 different ways to clear a base, this one is worth picking up for sure. IIRC the game opens up and starts letting you do whatever a couple hours in.
jokershady
AG
rhutton125 said:

Metal Gear Solid 5: the Phantom Pain. The story ends abruptly, which still pisses me off as a MGS fan, but the gameplay was damn near perfect.

If you want to stealth around and have 50 different ways to clear a base, this one is worth picking up for sure. IIRC the game opens up and starts letting you do whatever a couple hours in.
This of course is after the LSD beginning of you rising a horse while shotgunning a demon figure chasing after you immediately followed by a giant whale on fire coming out of nowhere and swallowing you whole.

Loved this game btw!
SquirrellyDan
AG
rhutton125 said:

One of my favorite games of all time. Wish there were more like this. You could practically raise you own death squad, kill or torture them for not complying, kill enemies in a million different ways, including tying them up to a balloon that would yank them into the sky. Or you could, you know, do the whole stealth thing.
Jasomania
AG
I'll toss in the newer Tomb Raider games (Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider). They are more or less clones of the uncharted games but really well done, you can usually get them for dirt cheap used or on an online sale.
rhutton125
AG
2nd'd. I recently started Rise and the prologue is an Uncharted clone, but it comes back into its own a bit once you get a bow and do some survival things. That's way more my speed.
farmersfight
AG
I've played God of War 2x and loved every bit of it. any recs on a game similar to that?
Chase McGuire
There aren't a lot of games on God of War's level. From a storytelling perspective, Uncharted and The Last of Us are probably your closest match. They're very cinematic and narrative-heavy. On the gameplay/combat side, it's like a mix of the hack-n-slash of the old God of War games on PS3 and the methodical combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne, IMO
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Would say The Last of Us and RDR2 occupy the same tier in terms of story and Horizon Zero Dawn for gameplay, at least in terms of combat. God of War and HZD have two of the best/most fun combat systems I've ever played in a game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.