android 10

910 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cjsag94
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i got the notification on my pixel 2 that it was available to install. has anyone else done it yet?

just looking around the web a little it seems there are some nasty bugs. kinda hesitant to jump into it.
EMY92
AG
I would wait until next week, let the other guinea pigs take the hit first.
ForeverAg
AG
I did it, no issues at all. Can't really notice any big improvements other than dark mode which I really like
AgDaddy08-11
S
I did it a couple of days ago, I have an OG Pixel. I have noticed that the "smart lock" feature doesn't always keep the phone unlocked when it should but it's not a real issue for me. I do really like the "Permission Manager" feature, really nice to be able to control an apps permission settings. Happy with the upgrade.
aggie_wes
AG
Did it on my Pixel 3, no real issues. Android Auto is kind of wonkier now, mainly Waze. They are supposed to replace it but I guess that didn't make the cut for this release.
sts7049
AG
i went ahead and took the plunge. so far, i everything seems to be just fine
Not a Bot
AG
Works fine for me
cjsag94
AG
I did, and I'm having an issue since. Connect phone to car and use Android Auto. Use Google Assistant for voice control, and it's no longer functioning. It works if i unlock the phone, but I'm having issues where both car and phone still to listen then it doesn't respond.

Same behavior in 2 cars.

This happening with anyone else?

AgDaddy08-11
S
Check your Smart Lock settings. Android 10 let's you set up locations where your phone will remain unlocked. You may need to configure it to be sure it recognizes the car. Also check that you have the latest version of the Android Auto app.
cjsag94
AG
After posting and seeking help on Google Community, lots of people reporting this issue. I'll double check as I do use the SmartLock feature, but I don't think that will help. I should clarify it is the phone needs to be awake, not just unlocked...but I will double check to see if that fixes the issue.

Would be interested to see if others are having this issue...usb connected to Android Drive, Say Hey Google to give commands. Does it work? Phone should be asleep.

edit to say I checked and smart lock is enabled for my car. No resolution there, thanks for the suggestion.

edit..edit: i am on latest Auto version,. Got hopeful this afternoon when a brand new update came available in Play store...but no difference.
Ark03
AG
I installed it on release day and it's mostly been great, but I have one app that's no longer usable - it seems Samsung doesn't yet support Android 10 on the SmartThings app, so I've had to revert to SmartThings Classic. And according to the forums, support is telling people Android 10 is still in beta, so I'd say that issue is on Samsung, not Android.

I love the tweaks to gestures - that's really nice.
cjsag94
AG
First.. the gestures. Takes s little getting used to, but i agree, really nice.

Now, i had 2 issues and both have been resolved. The problem i mentioned above was determined to be a problem with using the beta version of Google. Uninstall that and reinstall production version, and it is fixed.

The other was a problem where it took about 15 seconds to make a call once initiated. Turns out this was a problem on Verizon only and was caused by the my Verizon app. That's really interesting/concerning if you ask me. Anyway, Verizon posted an update to that app (or you can just uninstall it) and that issue is resolved.

With those 2 items fixed, I've found no other lingering issues and enjoy the experience so far.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.