X wing miniatures... 2.0

1,176 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by javajaws
AggieChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone here playing this? I took a break for a year or so when the scum faction took over and all the meta-BS got crazy and people were rolling and rerolling five and six attack dice.

Then they rolled out v.2.0 and I got pissy about spending another hundred bucks to play with ships I already bought, but I finally got over it and upgraded to 2.0 and I'm so glad I did. It's back to flying and dogfighting like the game used to be. Lots of old original trilogy ships are good once again and I'm having fun with it again. I upgraded both rebels and imperials but not scum, resistance or first order. I'm also not planning to buy into the trade federation or republic, although one dude we play with is flying some jedi starfighters that are pretty badass.

We have a laid back group of 40+ year olds that enjoys dogfights and adult substances on Wednesday nights.

92Ag95
AG
Wow...I don't feel so nerdy anymore.
Karrde
AG
Im still playing, mostly imperial, rebel, and a bit of resistance. I generally like what the new version has focused on, though im hoping regen and/or jedi get a price bump in december. High init regen/run isn't great for the game.
Joe Exotic
AG
I sank about $300 into the original.
AggieChemist
AG
Bo Darville said:

I sank about $300 into the original.
Hell, I've got that just in epic ships that I have NEVER fielded in an actual game. They just sit in my office on a shelf.

javajaws
AG
Real geeks play Imperial Assault.
AggieChemist
AG
javajaws said:

Nobody in my area that I'm aware of plays Imperial Assault. I was intrigued, but I have enough hobbies and demands on my time to build and paint stuff.

I know two guys that play armada, and about a dozen that play x wing.
Fleff
AG
I got through spending $400 to almost complete my Imperial Assault collection. Legion is the one you have to build. I may end up painting IA, but not for a while. Never really got into X-Wing
Azariah
AG
If you're looking for more ships, or even just parts of ships, hit me up. I run an online store that deals almost exclusively in X-Wing and Destiny. I do a lot of buying and parting out collections.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Satellite of Love
javajaws said:

Armada is where it is at! Nothing beats capital ship encounters. RAMMING SPEED!!!!!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
javajaws
AG
You know you've gone too far when you put on your black gloves and Imperial officer's uniform before starting a game...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.