Escape from Tarkov

2,376 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by zip04
tamuangry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone play this? Anyone recommend this?

From the videos I've seen, it looks like a blend between PUBG and Diablo 2 (hard core mode w/ looting).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Tarkov

MaroonStain
AG
I watched streamers play it in 2017. Haven't seen much run lately. Massive looting and buy/sell game.

Check out DevilDogGamer on YouTube. It looks like he is still playing.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
A group of us are playing this. Damn this is game hardcore! If anyone wants to jump in, hit me up. Definitely worth it and probably one of the best game investments I've made in the last two years. I play the crap out of it. There are some server issues due to how many people are playing now and the learning curve is more like a learning cliff, but we can sherpa you through the beginning for certain.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
12thAngryMan
AG
TIL EyeGuy is a gamer. Who knew?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
12thAngryMan said:

TIL EyeGuy is a gamer. Who knew?
This game focuses ridiculously heavily on guns and all...
tamuangry
I'm still playing this game the new wipe is a challenge. Anyone going to try for kappa and Level 70? I'm not sure I'll get that far ( level 40 currently).
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
tamuangry said:

I'm still playing this game the new wipe is a challenge. Anyone going to try for kappa and Level 70? I'm not sure I'll get that far ( level 40 currently).
Would definitely be cool with jumping on with some Ags to play. I haven't been on in this wipe.... but I do have a private server set up for single player so I do that a good bit. It's much less stressful than playing multiplayer.
Woods Ag
AG
I got the game but haven't played much because those maps are hard as hell to learn and I just lose all my stuff.. would def be down for joining you guys

Been playing Insurgency Sandstorm too. Really like this game a lot.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Woods Ag said:

I got the game but haven't played much because those maps are hard as hell to learn and I just lose all my stuff.. would def be down for joining you guys

I hate Insurgency lol
tamuangry
Woods Ag said:

Definitely a steep learning curve for learning the maps. It's both a pro and a con. When starting to play, you are at a significant disadvantage against other players that know the maps and locations of quest items and loot. However, once you know the maps, there's more depth in this game than any other in planning your approach to accomplish your objectives.

As an example, I've been doing repeated Interchange Raids to get graphics cards and $. I've developed a planned route that allows me to hit the hot spots while minimizing my risks. I even found a spot to snipe Killa safely from above. I use an SJ6 and load on extra weight at the beginning so I can increase my Str and End skills.

It's this type of strategic planning that makes this game addicting for me. I'll never be able to compete with the upper level players and their reaction times. But I can use my game knowledge to improve my results. Of course, even with all that, my survival rate is only 46%.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Just wiped again this Sunday.

New map -- Lighthouse.

VOIP are the major additions. Makes it more common that you can communicate with other PMCs/SCAVs instead of immediately blowing them away.

I just got a new Alienware machine so I'll be trying this out again.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
BadMoonRisin
AG
Bump for the wipe this morning.

Anyone giving it another go? Lighthouse expanded, more guns, more realism, wandering boss SCAVs that go raid to raid.

Scav tasks...see latest patch notes here.

https://www.dualshockers.com/escape-from-tarkov-update-0-12-12-30-patch-notes-maintenance-schedule/

Let's get a squad together!
tamuangry
BadMoonRisin said:

Bump for the wipe this morning.

Anyone giving it another go? Lighthouse expanded, more guns, more realism, wandering boss SCAVs that go raid to raid.

Scav tasks...see latest patch notes here.

https://www.dualshockers.com/escape-from-tarkov-update-0-12-12-30-patch-notes-maintenance-schedule/

Let's get a squad together!

I'm going again.
HumbleAg04
AG
Another year another wipe. Tired of playing solo, anyone playing this wipe? Just started back up.
Artorias
AG
This wipe added new map Streets. Alot of audio bugs with this wipe, as they apparently rewrote the entire audio system. Scavs apparently have X-ray/Thermal vision at all times now as well, as they will routinely shoot you through layers of bushes/trees/etc. with amazing accuracy.

That all being said, I am trying out a Hardcore run, and while very early, it adds a new layer of interest to the game.
zip04
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

Another year another wipe. Tired of playing solo, anyone playing this wipe? Just started back up.

3 of us play pretty regularly. We utilize the following discord channel: https://discord.gg/rDZW7NQu

Absolutely love this game. New to it this wipe, but getting the hang of it pretty well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.