Madden 20

1,747 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by turboboost
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any thoughts yet?
Guitarsoup
AG
The Taylor Hamm feature is spot on
Not a Bot
AG
Gameplay seems a lot smoother than last year. They fixed the janky huddle break by simply not having a huddle break. The addition of the RPO plays is a nice touch. Animations and run game seem a lot smoother and less herky jerky. Overall seems like a better game. Haven't played enough to really analyze the pass game.

The negative is that it does not seem like franchise mode is a priority at all, way more focus on this ultimate team crap that I don't play.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Never played Madden 19, and it seems like I made the right choice by not buying it because everyone seems to hate it. Why is that though? What was so bad about it?
Not a Bot
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Never played Madden 19, and it seems like I made the right choice by not buying it because everyone seems to hate it. Why is that though? What was so bad about it?

The gameplay seemed really choppy. The run game in particular when you had the ball in your hands was very janky and not smooth. That was my major complaint. During online play when you broke a huddle the player animations looked like something a high school media art student did instead of a professional game developer.

Madden 18 gameplay wasn't all that great either and they didn't really do anything to fix some of the issues. It looks like they did make an effort in Madden 20 to fix some long-standing gameplay problems and add a few new features for on field play. It isn't perfect by any means, but it does play a lot smoother than 19.
turboboost
AG
When will the consumer get it... Stop buying the game and EA might consider improving the game. Play ESPN NFL 2K5 or even APF 2K8.
Far superior product (over 10+ years old) .. That's when game devs gave a damn and didn't pump all their effort into micro transactions.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
turboboost said:

When will the consumer get it... Stop buying the game and EA might consider improving the game. Play ESPN NFL 2K5 or even APF 2K8.
Far superior product (over 10+ years old) .. That's when game devs gave a damn and didn't pump all their effort into micro transactions.
I used to recreate Texas A&M in APF 2K8 and play with them online. It was pretty awesome.

2K5 is legendary.
turboboost
AG
For sure and I still play once in a while 10+ years later. Take a look at what Madden 20 still cannot do. Buy your copy soon... Prices of 2K8 still around $30...(might find a cheap copy at games top. Oh yeah, online play still going on as well with updated rosters.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.