PAX South 2020

2,293 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bryan98
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't go next year unless my work schedule gets changed but just got the email for PAX South 2020. January 17-19, 2020.
Tickets go on Sale August 1st
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Yeah got the email too. Not sure if I can make it but would be fun.
Bryan98
AG
Bump! I've been to every PAX South so far and would love to keep that up forever. Went to PAX in 2007 (when it was the only PAX), too.

Yesterday I received the phone call many PAXers dream of: I'm going to be an Omeganaut!
Pman17
AG
Wow! Congrats! Now I really wish I was going! I'll have to stream it on Twitch.
Bryan98
AG
Pman17 said:

Wow! Congrats! Now I really wish I was going! I'll have to stream it on Twitch.

Thanks, bro! I'm excited and very nervous.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Went this year with my friends for the first time and am going to go again next year. Didnt catch much of the tournament last year but will try to watch
Vade281
AG
Awesome congrats! This will be the first Pax South I miss
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Vade281
AG
Woo! I can actually make it now. Only on Saturday/Sunday but better than nothing!
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Bryan98
AG
Bump! Just days away!
Vade281
AG
Bryan98 said:

Bump! Just days away!
My body is ready.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Pman17
AG
Wish I could go, but I'll be going next year for sure.
Bryan98
AG
Been packing and planning. Figuring out what games to bring, etc.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Vade281
AG
We're here! Going to dinner at Esquire tonight.
Bryan98
AG
Vade281 said:

We're here! Going to dinner at Esquire tonight.

I've heard it's great, but I've never been.

I survived the first round of the Omegathon! The second round starts at 8pm.

Steam is here, if anyone wants it: https://twitch.tv/pax2
Bryan98
AG
I survived the second round!

We are lunching at Chris Madrid's at 11am tomorrow, if anyone cares to join us. Amazing burgers and fries.

We'll be a large group of guys, many 6'3" or over. I'll be wearing my blue hoodie that says ITALIA.
Vade281
AG
Congrats! We should meet up sometime when you're not too busy winning omegathon. I've got a bunch of Aggies with me. Mostly we'll be in the board game area.
Bryan98
AG
Vade281 said:

Congrats! We should meet up sometime when you're not too busy winning omegathon. I've got a bunch of Aggies with me. Mostly we'll be in the board game area.

We usually frequent the boardgame area, but this year the Omegathon is controlling a lot of my schedule. If you see a maroon tablecloth, that's us.
Bryan98
AG
Bryan98 said:

I survived the second round!

We are lunching at Chris Madrid's at 11am tomorrow, if anyone cares to join us. Amazing burgers and fries.

We'll be a large group of guys, many 6'3" or over. I'll be wearing my blue hoodie that says ITALIA.

Change of wardobe plans: It's too warm for that hoodie. Maroon Aggie vest instead.
Bryan98
AG
Got knocked out in the fourth round! Made top 8, anyway. =D
Vade281
AG
We will be in the board game area all day today.
Vade281
AG
Do y'all have 4 players? Itd be fun to play an 8 player game of sonas
Vade281
AG
Sonar*
Bryan98
AG
Vade281 said:

We will be in the board game area all day today.

We left at 1130. We're a bunch of dads who want to eat lunch and then get home for dinner, so we never stay long on Sunday.
Vade281
AG
Lol. How was the omeganaut experience? Worth it? I wish I was picked just once lol.
Bryan98
AG
Vade281 said:

Lol. How was the omeganaut experience? Worth it? I wish I was picked just once lol.

It dominated the weekend, as I feared, but it was definitely cool and I'm glad I did it! I've always wanted to.

My friends and I usually hang out and play tabletop games together all day, and this severely cut back on that. It also added some general stress and such. I might be willing to do it again some day, but I won't be volunteering to for several years.
Vade281
AG
Sweet, our group has gone to Pax South since the beginning which most of the weekend is tabletop. Any new favorite games you played? For me it would be Quacks of Quedlinburg and Raiders of the North Sea. On The Underground: London and Azul Summer Pavilion were great too!
Bryan98
AG
The only game I played for the first time at PAX was Clank!, which we all enjoyed. I've been interested in trying it for a while. I went to the boardgame Meetup at Cafe Express on 59 a couple weeks ago and was able to play Clank! Legacy (this group had already played through the entire campaign, which leaves you with a personalized and perfectly playable game afterwards).

There was also a woman in the Omegathon who said that she'd played all the way through Clank! Legacy with her husband, their 10 year old, and their 8 year old. She said the kids handled the game fine but some of the sessions were a bit long for the 8 year old. My kids are almost exactly those ages, but I'm not sure my youngest (8 next month) could sit still long enough.

When I got home, I ordered a copy of the original Clank!, and I was able to play it with my 10 year old daughter yesterday. We both had a great time, and she had no difficulty with the game at all.

Other games that I played at the con, though not for the first time: Inis, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Cockroach Poker, Secret Hitler, Just One, and Wavelength. I own and enjoy all of those.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.